Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Automatically reading volume information for manga

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 5 months ago #3564

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
I have recently installed the dev build. I think I had a problem initially and got the impression that only the legacy mode parser would work with the script. Can't remember if I changed anything but it's now up and running. I realize the performance could be better as I rebuilt my library and with 8000 files the dev build takes about a minute to load on my machine. I don't feel like spending a lot of time so I'm planning to update the original post with my local version of the script in it's current state.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 5 months ago #3565

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
Failed to update original post with new file so posting here instead.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 5 months ago #3566

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
Too many failures for my taste. Zipping the file should do the trick.

File Attachment:

File Name: parser.zip
File Size:1 KB

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 5 months ago #3619

• imsabbel3
  • Senior Boarder
Strange. That version also has the same "comicrack just doesnt start and has 100% CPU" bug.

Strange.

I did copy just the one function of the "paser.py" and put it into the smaple.py, and now the parsing isself works.

Seems like the problem is in one of the other functions in that file.
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by imsabbel3.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 5 months ago #3621

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
Good to know

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 2 months ago #4159

• Zhelkus
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm using this script but after a few ComicRack upgrades the script seems to stall. I haven't got the slightest idea why it takes so long to load. It can take up to 10 minutes on the splash screen and chug down a gallon of RAM before it opens as it should.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 2 months ago #4162

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
If you can give me a reason I could look into it.

You have to understand that you are quite low on my list of people to help. I obviously want to help you but if you mind waiting a couple of months I will probably help you free of charge. It should be done within 6 month then. With financial incitement it should be within 2 day max. It's all about priorities.

My paypal is
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Also if you think the script is valuable to you concider donating.

Lastly I could probably quickly solve any limitations regarding the use of the script on your collection but then again it is back to priorities.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 2 months ago #4166

• Zhelkus
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry, I don't have a paypal account nor did I have any idea that you wrote it due to a request. I'll look around and see if I can tweak it or get help on the matter somehow.

Thanks for the quick reply tho. Hope you find the time to work on it.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 2 months ago #4167

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
yes, it was confirmed long time ago - this script in current state is useless and slows down CR startup.

see cYo's replay here:
comicrack.cyolito.com/index.php?option=c...=6&limitstart=6#3571

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 2 months ago #4184

• Zhelkus
  • Fresh Boarder
Oooh! I didn't see that! Somebody could have posted that here sooner... oh well.

Thanks for the update.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Who's Online

We have 197 guests and 7 members online