Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Guided Rename Bug

Guided Rename Bug 9 years 5 months ago #1625

• snitch7
  • Senior Boarder
I'm seeing alot of pseudo copies of files showing up.
I entered a bunch of info for my Dogwitch collection that shows up fine, but when I use guided rename it makes pseudo copies that also show up on the browser and strips all info from those copy files. Both the original and copies are actually pointing to the same path and file on the hard drive.

Now that I've had another look thru the library I see MANY (hundreds)duplicated files - all files that I've used guided rename. I have tried to reproduce the fault with no luck yet.
When it dupes the files it strips all entered info.
THey cannot be deleted. They come back with refresh.
As a test, I renamed a single copied file and that caused the real comic file (the one with all the info) to be unusable since it was still pointing to the original path.

Just to confirm - the only copied files are those that were renamed by Guided rename, and I have not moved any files around.
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by snitch7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Guided Rename Bug 9 years 5 months ago #1674

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Try switching the order it works in. Right now the script moves the file on the harddrive and then updates the eComic path if the move was successful.

Unfortunately, you'll have to rewire the script a bit to accomplish this. I'll post a new version of the script when I can.

Re:Guided Rename Bug 9 years 5 months ago #1676

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Posted a new version 1.6 in the original thread. Try it out and let me know if you see any improvement.

Please keep in mind that I get the duplicates when adding new files to the library and haven't used the Guided Rename script for these files. When I wait for ComicRack to stop working and then add new eComics, I usually don't get dupes. If ComicRack is processing information (i.e. thumbnails and page counts) for the new additions and I add them, I'll get dupes.

If you try to use the Guided Rename script on eComic entries that have duplicate entries, those duplicates will not be updated and will then point to non-existant files. I think there is an option to enable ComicRack to automatically detect these deleted files and remove the entries.
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by wadegiles.

Re:Guided Rename Bug 9 years 5 months ago #1686

• snitch7
  • Senior Boarder
OK then, cYo may be interested in this too ? :

Taking your advise, I renamed one set of dupes (from dogwitch XX to dogwitch YYY).
My copies with all the data (or info) in them (now called dogwitch YYY) all point to the correct file and load a comic. The dupes that I want to get rid of (still a set called dogwitch XX) now point to wrongly named comics and therefore load nothing - which is as per plan.
So now I run 'scan comics' from prefs with option "remove missing files...." checked ON.
While this is scanning I can see the library window behind the scanning window. First there are the dogwitch xx files and the dogwitch yyy files. Within a few seconds there is now dogwitch xx files, dogwitch yyy files and now COPIES of dogwitch yyy files. That's right I now have TRIPLICATES! of dogwitch in my library.
At the end of the scan the original dupes (dogwitch xx) are removed.
So after all that I have dupes of dogwitch, now they are all called dogwitch YYY instead of XX. I don't know how to clear them.
BTW I only tried this with one set of dupes (Dogwitch) - I actually have HUNDREDS!!

Given what just happened, does that sound to you like a scanning problem?

I have added NO files, moved NO files, had NOTHING running in the background (except my web browser).ComicRack was 'idling' until I commenced the scan.

EDIT: All data was again stripped from the dupes.

EDIT 2 : PLease read
comicrack.cyolito.com/index.php?option=c...atid=10&id=1687#1687
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by snitch7.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Who's Online

We have 248 guests and one member online