Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Chronowerks Comics Scripts

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3276

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
www.chronowerks.com/comics/cutdowntitle.aspx?ID=10833 is the listing for the issues,

if you navagate to the issues you want to get the ID for you can type
the id into the comic tags with the prefix CRDB and run the script it should pick it up, not pretty but it works. untill U fix the searching.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3277

• silkshadow
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, thanks a lot! That works. Could you also link me the page for the r.e.b.e.l.s series? When I search for it, clicking the link for it gives me:
Server Error in '/' Application.
No value given for one or more required parameters.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No value given for one or more required parameters.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80040e10): No value given for one or more required parameters.]
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr) +1003520
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +255
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) +188
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult) +58
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +161
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +116
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +4
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +130
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +287
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +92
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1297
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.AccessDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +58
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.GetData() +35
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +220
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +51
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +75
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.EnsureDataBound() +55
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Actually, I get this error when I click on anything the search returns and haven't been able to access any series at all via the web, though imports work fine in comic rack.

I actually used to be a mod at thetvdb :). I had an accident and haven't had the time to re-setup my Meedio so I can no longer use it.

One of the ways thetvdb was setup is that it uses a grab function to get the metadata from tv.com. I do think this kind of thing is still needed. I'm new but I read that the comicDB has a problem with doing that. Very near sighted of them, just myself I went up to level 18 contrubting to the tv.com just so data would be properly imported to thetvdb. Since I stopped using thetvdb, I haven't been back to tv.com. However in the end, that is comicdb's dumb choice.

Anyway, there are other comic DBs online though, so I wonder if its possible to scrape from one of them? Scraping still returns much more metadata, but doing it through a comminty database relieves the strain on their servers. In this situation, a functional scraper would also negate the need to design an elaborate CMS front end like thetvdb did and user contributions and changes can be done through comic rack.

Just an idea to kick around. Thanks again!

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3278

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
The problem with the search page error is totaly down to my code.

I've just changed it so it, so it should work correctly if not the best looking, should help with the web side of seaching, the CRBD code trick will work for anything that you can find with the website search but not with the script.

I'm a big fan of the TVdb (its down at the moment again!), I was a big fan of comicbookdb, and comic collector live,

I'm a big idea man but life gets in the way quite a lot.
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by greenlanternprime. Reason: I simply fixed it

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3280

• spyd3r0x
  • Senior Boarder
greenlanternprime wrote:
The problem with the search page error is totaly down to my code.

I've just changed it so it, so it should work correctly if not the best looking, should help with the web side of seaching, the CRBD code trick will work for anything that you can find with the website search but not with the script.
Cool, I'm excited to see it working, as it's never worked for me, either.

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3281

• spyd3r0x
  • Senior Boarder
greenlanternprime wrote:
Ultimately i would like people to be able to sumbmit there libary xml's and the database will be able to amalgamate these, the problem with that is that some people have a lot of stuff scarped from the comic book db website and we don't want to be annoying any of thouse people by pinching there data.
I believe this is very short-sited of comicbookdb, as well. What is the point of a DB, if no one can use it? They should have APIs to access their data, much like the other DBs on the Net. Oh well. As far as using their info, they don't own the factual information. A release date is a release date. The writer is the writer. The only thing they could really complain about would be the Notes. Perhaps those could be cleaned out?

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3313

• silkshadow
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks again greenlanternprime! Working great now. :)

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3317

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
My current submissions script does just that, however i have a backlog of things i havent approved yet, however i can forsee that people will want to change a lot of my data once people can get into the database data to correct it themselves.

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3319

• spyd3r0x
  • Senior Boarder
I often find that the data from two different volumes has been mixed up in the DB. For example, V1 issues are filled with data from V3. When I come across this type of thing, I try to correct it, and then Propose Changes... to get the new data up in the DB.

As I've done so, I've seen a few issues with the data submittal. Sometimes it will outright crash ComicRack. I think I've narrowed this down to be causing by special characters in one or more of the comic's data fields. Like special characters in place of an apostrophe, or in place of three dots (...). Usually, if I remove those special characters, I can submit the data without crashing. Maybe the submit script could check for some of these illegal characters?

I also have problems with selecting multiple comics, then choosing Propose Changes... Usually, ComicRack will just sit there after I hit Submit. It won't lock up or anything, but the data doesn't seem to go through. After about 30 seconds, it seems like the request times out, then ComicRack crashes. Should the Propose Changes script only be used on one comic at a time?

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3321

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
I'm in the process of re-writing the database structure, the submit changes script needs re-writing too, I'm working to speed up the webfront end changes to allow people to quickly change data that is wrong, or missing, currently the propose is still capturing data, however why it crashes i have no idea :( python is not my strong suit, however i'm trying to deveople an API with the the website database to allow anyone to develop plug-in etc.. to use the data and possibly change the data, but my primary focus will be comic rack.

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts 8 years 6 months ago #3322

• spyd3r0x
  • Senior Boarder
Very cool, definitely looking forward to it =)
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Who's Online

We have 238 guests and 7 members online