Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011]

Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17673

Hello for all of you!
I developed this "Script" to help-me find the missing issues that i had in my series and alternate series.

Prerequisites:

• To use it is to have scrapped your comics with the comic vine scrapper.
  • .Net Framework 4.0

* That are two ways to initiate the plugin:
1 - Directly clicking the plugin button:

2 - Selecting an entry in your library and clicking the button.

* Searching the issues:

There are two modes for searching:
1 - Series: you search using a series name (volume in the comic vine)
2 - Alternate Series: you search using a alternate series name (story arc in the comic vine)

Just choose your search mode and inform the filter in the text box 'Filter:', after that click the 'Search' Button.

All the results to the search are showed, identify the series (or alternate) that you are looking for and select it.
After do that click in 'Search for details' to look after the issues in the series (or alternate) that you do not have.

You already know now what issues you don't have in your collection, if you want it, now you can insert new fileless entries in your library to all the missing issues, just clicking in 'Generate fileless entries'.

OK, thats all folks!
Try it, and tell me your impressions on it.
Miguel Freire (The Cavebreaker)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by miguelfreirejunior.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: O.Ren, kenjio, inakilopez

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17676

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Well, first of all, welcome to the forums!

Plugin looks very interesting, certainly nice to see the feature implemented inside CR.
I'm curious to see how this will develop over time. For now, though, good job!
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17679

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Nice tool!!! Certainly fills in a gap present in my tool. Namely, the ability to quickly look up a single volume where mine returns all missing issues in the entire collection with few options...and the fact that it's implemented inside CR is very nice as well, +1 karma to you. Out of curiosity...what is "Alternate Series"? If I put "Purgatori" in it returns "Purgatorio", so I'm guessing it's a none exact sub-string search?

For me, what I like most about this script is that I can pull up something like Purgatori and go through the various series' to see what volumes, if any, I'm missing since my tool won't find missing volumes (That really wasn't my goal). The ultimate would be able to combine something like your tool with the data found in THEList since there is far more on THEList than there is in ComicVine.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Samael69.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17681

Alternate Series is an Story Arc (like the arc 'Fear Itself' from Marvel), where it could have a lot of diferent volumes.

All the search are string like (i use the comicvine api, and it is like that), i'm new in the comic collection thing and didn't know the THEList i'll look for it!

Thanks for the comments!
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by miguelfreirejunior.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17682

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
miguelfreirejunior wrote:
Alternate Series is an Story Arc (like the arc 'Fear Itself' from Marvel), where it could have a lot of diferent volumes.
Ahhh, sounds good.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17725

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Yahooooo!

I have not yet tested this, and will not for a few days, but looks really, really promising!

Thanks

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17765

• Wedge
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Awesome.

now obligatory bug reports :D

It seems to be leaving the Volume field blank when making Fileless entries.

If an issue has anything else in the Tags field besides the CVDB ID, it will report that issue as missing, not ideal.

also, you might take a look at your localisation, I use usually British English instead of US English, so I get no text in any of the buttons or elsewhere in the window unless I switch.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17786

• Pua
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone. I have been using ComicRack for a long time and I was waiting for a script like this one.

The problem is I can't make it work. When I press the button I get the next message: "Execution of the script failed! Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.". I have installed the last version of ComicRack and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the script. What could I have done wrong? :P

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17788

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
I also get the exception either by clicking the button or right clicking a comic and selecting it. Also, it doesn't show the same icon as in the screen shots.

fK

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [26/10/2011] 5 years 11 months ago #17789

• Pua
  • Fresh Boarder
I resolved the icon issue installing the last version of ComicRack. Before that, I also had a wrong icon. :)
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Who's Online

We have 182 guests and 4 members online