Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011]

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 6 years 1 week ago #18766

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
Miguel, do you take requests ? :blush: :blush:
I'd love to be able to only create the fileless files I want.

For example, in the use of the script pictured below, I would love for it to be able to just generate the very first issue, which I am missing, and not the rest of the missing issues. At the moment, even if I highlight an issue in the list, it will still generate all of them.

So maybe there could be a check box after the missing issues list that says "select all" and if not checked, and issues in the list are highlighted, then only those issues will be turned into fileless entries.

I know I can create a fileless entry from ComicRack directly if I only need one, but the script is easier 'cause it fills all the ComicVine info for me and adds the Thumbnail.
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by O.Ren.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 6 years 1 week ago #18777

Of course that requests are welcome! (show that someone interested for it)

But it will take some time to do it (only when i have nothing more to do :P)

But have hope, i will do it.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 6 years 1 week ago #18779

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
Fantastic ! Take your time, it's fine. Other than this minor thing, this script is immensely useful for me to organize my comics and know what I am missing, I use it every single day :)
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 5 years 9 months ago #21169

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I've got a small request if you can find the time to work on it. When doing a search for Batman, you end up with a million or so different volumes. Is there any way to further narrow down the field, such as by volume? I'm in the process of going through my library and trying to fill any gaps, but it takes forever to find some of the more franchised titles in the list.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 4 years 11 months ago #27722

• nogarth
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hi there

does this script still work as i just instaled it and get an error when i run it.

thank
Gav

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 4 years 11 months ago #27924

• nogarth
  • Junior Boarder
ok i get the same issues as the OP thast why i asked. im on 64bit so didnt know if it had something to do with that. i'll do bit more checking see if i have the same issue as others have with the .net version

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 4 years 11 months ago #27929

• nogarth
  • Junior Boarder
ok i had a look and i had .net 4.5 installed so uninstalled it and tried to install .net 4 but it forced to install 4.5.

i checked comicrack.engine.dll and its 1.0.4629.4493

any idea what else i should be checking for this to work.

also this is the debugger log

Calling 'FindGaps'...
Compilation of 'C:\Program Files\ComicRack\Scripts\FindMissingGapsWithComicVine.py'
Could not load file or assembly 'Tomers.WPF.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by nogarth.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 4 years 11 months ago #27930

• nogarth
  • Junior Boarder
ignore me my fault looked and the Dlls wernt installed. Extracted them and its working. cheers

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 4 years 10 months ago #29429

• mal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I love the script. I use it all the time. I just noticed an issue that popped up. When it brings back the data for notes from comicvine, it now brings back what i believe are the HTMl formating commands ex. /BR.

This then causes an error when you try to scrape your file through the regular scraper. There is a work-around. If you open the properties, and hit the comicvine scrape button after the script makes the fileless entry, it will eliminate the bad characters.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue, and if there is a fix for it. It just started happening on the latest releases of Comicrack.

Re: Missing Issues using ComicVine (Another Way) [10/11/2011] 4 years 8 months ago #31413

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I don't think this is still being worked on, but it needs to be pointed out that the ComicVine API update has broken this script. Shame, since I use it regularly.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Who's Online

We have 239 guests and 2 members online