Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2)

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 11 months ago #19393

• njd09
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks very much for the script - it's incredibly useful, and I really love it. It works with everything I've thrown at it, except for this: www.mangahere.com/manga/nabari_no_ou/v01/c001/ For that site, it doesn't seem to recognize the manga on it. Just letting you know. Again, thanks for the script!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 11 months ago #19404

• RavenMad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Still loving this script but I have noticed that any webcomics that have different urls for book/chapter headings don't seem to work. See www.meekcomic.com and www.redmoonrising.org to see what I mean...

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 11 months ago #19464

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
@njd09:
I can see why that ones fails. Hopefully Helmic and I can come up with a fix.

Helmic may be nice enough to craft a cbw for you in the meantime.

@RavenMad:
The Meek and Red Moon Rising both seem to work fine for me. Did you put in the right Urls? Are you using 1.2?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RavenMad

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 11 months ago #19469

• RavenMad
  • Fresh Boarder
Stonepaw wrote:
@njd09:
@RavenMad:
The Meek and Red Moon Rising both seem to work fine for me. Did you put in the right Urls? Are you using 1.2?

Ok, just tried it again - don't know if I cocked it up first time or what but The Meek is working fine now! :huh: (I already found somebody else's cbw for Red Moon Rising which works). v1.2 is sweet.

Thanks again Stonepaw! :cheer:

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 11 months ago #19472

• Helmic
  • Expert Boarder
  • (Don't be) That guy
  • Thank you received: 82
njd09 wrote:
Thanks very much for the script - it's incredibly useful, and I really love it. It works with everything I've thrown at it, except for this: www.mangahere.com/manga/nabari_no_ou/v01/c001/ For that site, it doesn't seem to recognize the manga on it. Just letting you know. Again, thanks for the script!

Individual manga sites tend to have their own, specialized readers - that one just seems to be using a modified version of Manga Fox's reader, though. I'll try to come up with something this week, a bit busier than usual right now.

In the meantime, Webcomic Helper DOES work on MangaFox, Mangareader, and CityManga. If there are any other sites like those you'd like, say so and I'll have something whipped up, hopefully this weekend when I'm off.
Request webcomics on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?server=irc.rizon.net&channel=%23comicrack
server: irc.rizon.net
channel: #comicrack
Or in the webcomics subforum: http://comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/22-web-comics

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 10 months ago #19473

• njd09
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
That's really the only site I found that doesn't work, every site I've used before works flawlessly! I just decided to find a downloader and download that manga off that particular site because it's complete and doesn't need updating, but for all of the ongoing series that I read, Webcomic Helper is perfect. Thanks for the response!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonepaw

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 10 months ago #19547

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hey guys, I was thinking about trying to create a web comic by scratch, to help advertise Romantically Apocalyptic, which is a great read all :)

But then I found your script, clicked a few buttons and bam! ... all done.

Thanks heaps guys, this is great.

Everytime I start to get a little frustrated with how little I know about the machinations in this quite complex (to me) app, I come on these forums and find something that just blows my mind in terms of usefulness. This is one of those times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonepaw

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 10 months ago #19635

• bbgirl011
  • Fresh Boarder
I must be comic-retarded or instruction deficit --- something!

I've been over and over the instructions at least ten times - it doesn't work for me.

-- Plugin fails to work for Windows 7 operating systems at least :(

Gah. Thanks for trying anyways;;

--bbgirl011

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 10 months ago #19640

• Helmic
  • Expert Boarder
  • (Don't be) That guy
  • Thank you received: 82
bbgirl011 wrote:
I must be comic-retarded or instruction deficit --- something!

I've been over and over the instructions at least ten times - it doesn't work for me.

-- Plugin fails to work for Windows 7 operating systems at least :(

Gah. Thanks for trying anyways;;

--bbgirl011

More likely than not it has nothing to do with the operating system. The script won't work with every comic out there - try using a couple different webcomics and see what sticks, then tell us which ones still don't work.

@everyone else: Tomorrow I *should* get off work early, so hopefully some more progress can be made towards 2.0.
Request webcomics on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?server=irc.rizon.net&channel=%23comicrack
server: irc.rizon.net
channel: #comicrack
Or in the webcomics subforum: http://comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/22-web-comics

Re: Webcomic Helper (Version 1.2) 5 years 10 months ago #20087

• ahroun
  • Junior Boarder
After testing the template you created for submanga.com, that works wonderfully BTW, I realized that long run series comics that are added to one single cbw have a slow performance when trying to skip through pages, as it has to pre-cache everything from the first page again. I don't know if cYo plans to change this behaviour, but I was reading the forums when i found this post from Kvantum: comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/22-web-comics/15032-mangareadernet where he posted a script to create a .cbw for each chapter on comics that had and index for each chapter, something i was thinking that might be the solution on those long run series without changing the way webcomics actually work on ComicRack.

And so I think that adding this functionality on Webcomic Helper's next version will be really be nice and usefull. May be by putting a new selection at the beginning of the wizard where you can select a "Create several webcomics from an comic indexed chapters page", and you can afterwards continue on the browse or index type of url parts, which will create each of the cbw internals.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online

We have 178 guests and 4 members online