Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Import ComicBookDB information

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1485

Many thanks, GPL. I've got it sorted now. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1486

Many thanks, GLP. I've got it sorted now. :)

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1487

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
Ok here is an updated version, which makes the job of submitting new info easier. still working out the bugs

File Attachment:

File Name: Scripts-84...38b5.zip
File Size:21 KB

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1488

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
@ greenlanternprime -
i was thinking of using the notes field to list charater apperances, deaths etc.. i've done it on some but not on others.
Actually, I'm hoping that cYo is keeping an eye on this thread, and might be convinced to add these fields. It would be great if we could filter only first appearance issues for example. It would be better than just throwing everything into the notes field, as well as much tidier.
If you want to rip apart my scripts to imporve on them be my guest. just need to know how you need me to mod stuff server side.
Naw, not ripping you apart at all. Actually I think you've done some pretty good work on very short notice. Though it is good to know that you aren't taking anything to heart.

By the way, you've mentioned that you are porting from Collectorz. I've mentioned before that I would love to be able to do this. Unfortunately I can't code a lick, so this is beyond me. Any chance you might release this script? I would be forever grateful. Thanks in advance.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1489

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
Iried the whole collectorz thing, but you can simply export it all out to xml and then try to load it up in excel 2008 you can then easly pick and choose which fields you want in the xml translator and then dump it into an easy to read spreadsheet, which you can then work with easily.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1493

• snitch7
  • Senior Boarder
We need a whole bunch of "custom fields", (that are also name-able.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1495

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
@ snitch7 - That's a good idea. If we could create fields on the fly then we could just add what we need when needed, like if greenlanternprime announces that he's added an origin field, for instance.

@ cYo - Any chance you're reading this? Would it be easily doable on your end?
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1496

• Matt K
  • Junior Boarder
@GL Prime - I love how every book I search has a cover date. However, they do not seem to import in. I just though you'd like to know.

Also, would it be possible on the next script update to have the volume by year unchecked by default.
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Matt K.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1498

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
I'm working on the volume fix, as I've been tweaking my xml generator a bit, which dates aren't being imported and for which issues?

I have noticedn that you need to make sure the values are not shadow values for the script to work properly, also like the old script if you've located the issues in the web pages, you can just put "CRDB" and the number of the issue page to instruct the script to fetch that page.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1499

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
Ok Here is the lastest version, it add the option to specify the volume type, either publication start year or volume type. it also allows you to create a new issue for a series if the script can find the series but not the issue, this is great for my approval script as it will allow me to simply check approve on my script and allow add the data very quikly to the main database.

Feed back is always welcomed.

File Attachment:

File Name: Scripts-5e...90ad.zip
File Size:9 KB
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Who's Online

We have 334 guests and 2 members online