Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Import ComicBookDB information

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1501

• Matt K
  • Junior Boarder
greenlanternprime wrote:
I'm working on the volume fix, as I've been tweaking my xml generator a bit, which dates aren't being imported and for which issues?

Literally every issue I've tried does not pull dates. Everything else seems to work fine, but the month and year fields do not update. Some of the issues I'm trying to get info for are some old "The Mighty Thor" issues (although I have to specify the name since in the database it's just "Thor" ).
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Matt K.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1504

• Quaraxkad
  • Senior Boarder
About the True/False options at the end of the script... Are these supposed to work, or are they leftovers from the original script that aren't used anymore?

I tried setting a few of them to False because I don't want everything imported, but it still does it anyway. That includes self.overwriteExisting = False. I don't see any references to their values in the rest of the script either. Is there another way to disable the importing of some of these fields?

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1510

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
Matt K wrote:
greenlanternprime wrote:
I'm working on the volume fix, as I've been tweaking my xml generator a bit, which dates aren't being imported and for which issues?

Literally every issue I've tried does not pull dates. Everything else seems to work fine, but the month and year fields do not update. Some of the issues I'm trying to get info for are some old "The Mighty Thor" issues (although I have to specify the name since in the database it's just "Thor" ).

Are the dates in the system? I've done some tests and I can't replicate your error, my issues pull down fine I've even been using the scripts to add info into the system. are the dates in the xml for the issues in question.

The config bits in the script are from the old script, I was going to find a way to use the configurations in the new script. at the moment the only options to change are the ones that are listed in the popup.

I need to do some work on the webside of things, I am approving most chages submited, apart from one where the title isn't in the system, I'm working on the admin tools to create a new title.

I need to do something to make the web pages a little more impressive too.. thats said i did knock most of this up in a weekend, its the scripts thats taking the time.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1514

• Matt K
  • Junior Boarder
Okay, it looks like I was using the wrong script. That said, I looked up info for Loki (Marvel 2004 miniseries) and while the dates loaded properly, the Scripter and Art showed up in the Notes section. It seems to be an issue on your end since the xml view shows them in the notes section. Good job on everything it shows that a lot of work went into this.

EDIT: Also, would it be possible in the next script iteration to allow us to uncheck boxes for info we don't want imported? Or at the very least the option to not overwrite data. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Matt K.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1524

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
Yeah the notes thing is a throw back to my old system, where inker pencelier etc.. is just listed as art, this is due to my database being very much uk only.

I'm working on the options being re-enabled, i've got an idea of how to do it but i've just not got round to it.

Thanks to the guys who are submitting data, I'm approving most of it so your updates will be in the system now. I'm also doing changes to the database structure, making vertigo an inprint of dc, etc..

There are a few fixes server side i need to do to, to do with annuals etc.., also if anyone wants to send me there comic xml files I'll be happy to intergate them into the system where i can, i lot of people have indexed things i've not even looked at.

And don't hate me but i'm a DC guy at heart so thats why my marvel isses arn't as up to date as you may like.

Also for extra features of the ComicRack application, I'd kind of like the ability to make a community rating tag, so you can get recomendations from other users about the comics you have..

having said that we don't know if cyolito has got something cooked up.

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1525

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
@ greenlanternprime - I'm not sure if you enabled batch uploading yet... I gave it a shot, I think it might have worked (I got a success dialog). If it did, you should have lots of Marvel to work with, about 13,000+ issues.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1526

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
No it would of only have posted the first on, or the last one.
I assue the Young X-men issues are yours?

Try this script, I should submit a selection of comics.

File Attachment:

File Name: GLP.zip
File Size:2 KB

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1529

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Yep. those would be the last ones. I'll try this version out and if that works then I'll give everything else I have, which should increase the database considerably.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1530

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Just to let you know how it went, it crashed ComicRack both times I tried. It may be too many issues. It's pretty late now, so I'll give it another shot tomorrow with half the issues. Could you let me know if you got anything?
Marty Pasko

Re:Import ComicBookDB information 9 years 5 months ago #1531

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
The script is a little buggy, I'm not sure why it crashes out sometimes, I used it yesterday to submit my knightquest issues, and it worked fine, submitted nine issues.

but when i wanted to update 15 issues it locked up, if any script wizards want to take a look at it be my guest, and if you can bung a progress bar or something on it then that would be better still.

the script itself is really basic.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 2 members online