Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v4 BETA (Italian publisher)

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.1 BETA (Italian publisher) 5 years 6 months ago #22118

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
:woohoo: Wonderful work - it is great to have a bonelli scaper to complement the comicvine scraper.

A couple of comments and one (potential) bug.

Bug
When I try to scrape Martin Mystere the scraper seems unable to correctly read Series and Title (www.sergiobonellieditore.it/auto/alboris...13&numero=1&subnum=0). I suspect the fault lies in the è of Mystère.

I have scraped with no problem: Brad Barron, Brad Barron Speciale, Brendon, Brendon Speciale, Caravan, Dampyr, Magico Vento.

Comments on the scraper
  • When scraping all Magico Vento I had failed to specify the format (Mensile e Bimestrale) - this lead to complaints by the scraper and the inability to stop the process for all - I had to press cancel 131 times. It would be useful to have a "cancel all" option
  • When a used the quick scraper option and had no url to give I tried "annulla" - however that lead the scraper to hang (I was able to escape with either Esc or Shift+Esc cannot recall)
Comments on the manual
  • The screenshots are really low in resolution - it would be great if they were actually legible (rather than just inferring the content from the text)
  • A topic on interaction with pre-existing data (especially scraped using comicvine scraper) would be great - I am aware this is most likely a topic that relates to Comicrack, however as I suspect any user of the Bonelli scraper is likely to be a user of the comicvine one it would probably be a welcome addition

Still :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: I do love this new script - thank you!
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by rmagere.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.1 BETA (Italian publisher) 5 years 6 months ago #22164

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
I agree, this is something that should be implemented... I will add it to the todo list a way to define what should be overwritten or added to the fields.

About the periodicity... Read the manual... There are some changes in the series and for those 2-3 series where it goes from monthly to bi-monthly, you have to define it upfront. Anyhow a cancel all can be added as you suggest, i'll see for it.

Strange about the resolution of the printscreens... Maybe is the conversion to pdf... Let's see if next release i can improve those.

For the quick scrape, please send me the example, i'll look into it.

Thanks for the ideas !

M
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmagere

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.1 BETA (Italian publisher) 5 years 6 months ago #22175

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the reply (and again for the script).

I'll take the opportunity to clarify my original post given your comments:
mizio66 wrote:
About the periodicity... Read the manual... There are some changes in the series and for those 2-3 series where it goes from monthly to bi-monthly, you have to define it upfront. Anyhow a cancel all can be added as you suggest, i'll see for it.
Avevo letto il manuale - mi ero semplicemente dimentica che Magico Vento cambiava periodicita' :blush: interamente colpa mia - il "cancel all" e' piu' che altro per salvare l'utente da tali dimenticanze (il fatto che bisogna definire a priori il formato e' piu' che accettabile come soluzione).mizio66 wrote:
For the quick scrape, please send me the example, i'll look into it.
I problemi che ho trovato con il quick scrape sono due:
  1. La serie e il titolo non sono corretamente identificati per Martin Mystere No. 1 (www.sergiobonellieditore.it/auto/alboris...13&numero=1&subnum=0) link tra le parentesi - non ho provato altri numeri di MM.
  2. L'altro problema e' quando non c'e' il link: ovvero seleziona un fumetto, seleziona quickscrape, pop-up compare, invece di fornire un link e "OK" clicca su "Annulla" lasciando il box vuoto, un nuovo pop-up appare "Scraping File" che non fa nulla e con il bottone "Annulla" presente, clicca su "Annulla" e nulla accade, per "eliminare il box" su Win 7 bisogna andare sulla barra strumenti vedere la preview e cliccare sulla piccola x

Always happy to try any new version ;)
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by rmagere.

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.1 BETA (Italian publisher) 5 years 2 months ago #24971

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
Hi,

Just wanted to drop by for three points:
  1. Thanks again for the scraper I have been using it over the last months and it has been great
  2. I was wondering if you had any insight on the issues I had highlighted with Martin Mystere
  3. Finally I have now tested it with Dylan Dog Super Book (e.g. www.sergiobonellieditore.it/auto/scheda_...=35&numero=3&subnum=) and the scraper failed on it. Specifically I do not think it recognises the "Trimestrale" format and even when I tried to give it the direct link it placed the data in the wrong sections (e.g. the title was stored in the artist column). Similar issue was found with Martin Mystere Maxi (www.sergiobonellieditore.it/auto/scheda_...65&numero=2&subnum=0)

Thanks
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by rmagere.

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.1 BETA (Italian publisher) 5 years 1 month ago #25369

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
rmagere wrote:
  • La serie e il titolo non sono corretamente identificati per Martin Mystere No. 1 (www.sergiobonellieditore.it/auto/a
    Always happy to try any new version ;)

• On www.sergiobonellieditore.it MM is written "Martin Mystère" (with the accent on è): try to change series name and rescrape...

Ciao
    Luca
    Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by luke_70it.

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.1 BETA (Italian publisher) 4 years 9 months ago #28016

• kenjio
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 127
    Just used this again to rescrape my collection, and I have 2 questions:

1 - it's not picking up titles for Dylan Dog Collezione Book - any way to fix that?

2 - more of an observation, really: in the configuration window, on the Data tab, the "Reset" button doesn't reset, it inverts the selection.EDIT: realised this is intentional as stated in the manual - suggestion: rename it to "invert"

Again, thanks for the awesome plugin!
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
    Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by kenjio.

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.1 BETA (Italian publisher) 4 years 9 months ago #28277

• mizio66
    • Platinum Boarder
    Can you let me know which is the series among the ones at :
    www.sergiobonellieditore.it/dylan/archivio_arretrati/index.html

thanks!

M

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.1 BETA (Italian publisher) 4 years 9 months ago #28278

• mizio66
    • Platinum Boarder
    Finally I have now tested it with Dylan Dog Super Book (e.g. www.sergiobonellieditore.it/auto/scheda_...numero=3&subnum=) and the scraper failed on it. Specifically I do not think it recognises the "Trimestrale" format and even when I tried to give it the direct link it placed the data in the wrong sections (e.g. the title was stored in the artist column).

It worked for me using Super Book and the album number...

can you try?

M
    Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by mizio66.

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.2 BETA (Italian publisher) 4 years 9 months ago #28279

• mizio66
    • Platinum Boarder
    version updated to 1.2b

Please unistall any precedent release and reinstall after restarting CR

!!! READ THE MANUAL !!! don't be a usual user...

Link on the first post as usual.

Enjoy,

M

Re: Bonelli (www.sergiobonelli.it) Scraper v1.2 BETA (Italian publisher) 4 years 9 months ago #28282

• kenjio
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 127
    Working perfectly so far, thanks!!

I was using "Dylan Dog Super Book" not just "Super Book" - switching made it work :)
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
    Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Who's Online

We have 234 guests and 3 members online