Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!)

More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!) 5 years 7 months ago #22187

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hi,
I present you a knew 'draft' script. As of lately, I do not have much time, so I do these things just to fill some needs I have, and the script is not very stable, not very polished and lacking lots of possible features. It is very unlikely that I keep working on it, since now it covers my needs, and as I said, I do not have that much time these days. If you want to improve-finish it, please, do so (source at:https://bitbucket.org/theotocopulitos/comicrack-info-from-filename-script/overview)

This script is written after the great work by Stonepaw & 600WPMPO & Helmic in the scanners names from filename.

When dealing with 0-days (and others) packs, along with the scanner name/tag, the original filenames include lots of useful info on the comic scan that I'd like to preserve - This script lets you add to a list of words those you want to be checked in the filename and added.

Examples include:

- number of pages, like 'c2c', 'ctc', 'noads', '36pg', '36 pg'...

- scan features, like 'c2ce', 'edit', 'fixed', 'fiche'...

- number of covers, like '2 covers', 'three covers', '3 of 4 covers', '3 covers of 4', ...

- comic format: TPB, GN, one-shot, reprint, B&W, Director's cut ...

What is the empty text box below?
Just ignore it.

Why it has four tabs with lists of words/regexps, instead just one?
The original idea was to be able to choose a different prefix for words in each tab, and also a different field in the comic metadata to add them (like TPB into format, instead into scaninformation). I ended up not doing it, too much work to do now. But it is there if someone wants to go on. At the moment you can use one or all the tabs as you like :) - it makes no difference

This is a @#¬~#~# of a script, why do you even bother to post it?
I use it as it is, I hope it can be useful even half cooked as it is. Also, this would not be the first time I put an idea out in the wild and some more proficient programmer jumps in and makes wonders.

Anything else
How about adding an option to copy the complete filename to the scaninfo field?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!) 5 years 7 months ago #22193

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
+1 karma for the grand-daddy! :-)

I'll try this in detail and then report back soon..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!) 5 years 7 months ago #22246

• 600WPMPO
The script works fine! However, it could be great if this would be somehow integrated in to the main 'Scan Information from Filename' script. I would have to invoke my old friend with a hashtag: #Stonepaw :laugh:

Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!) 5 years 7 months ago #22257

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with you!, 600... anyway, thanks for trying it! :lol:

Re: More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!) 5 years 7 months ago #22341

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
Well I can look into integrating this if perezumu don't mind. However I do want to get LO set up to be localized first.

Re: More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!) 5 years 7 months ago #22344

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
Stonepaw wrote:
Well I can look into integrating this if perezumu don't mind. However I do want to get LO set up to be localized first.

Oh, please :)

Re: More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!) 5 years 7 months ago #22345

• 600WPMPO
perezmu wrote:
Stonepaw wrote:

Oh, please
Oh, please, indeed! :)

Re: More Scan Information from Filename (Scan Information from Filename rip-off!) 5 years 4 months ago #23928

How about the reverse? Is there something to strip out all the extra info? I like to keep it as bare bones as possible, title and issue # where possible.

I self admit, when it comes to scripts or making things work like it, I AM NOT the coldest can in the
6-pack ...

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and 3 members online