Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover)

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 6 months ago #23380

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Fuzzyluzzi wrote:
Know I've asked this before. But is this not possible to do with the current Export to CBZ?
At its current release this script seems to be pretty straight forward, thus I'm sure that if enough people found this script to be resourceful, cYo may be willing to integrate it into the internal Export to CBZ function sometime in the future.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by oraclexview.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 5 months ago #23483

• lwnw21
  • Fresh Boarder
YES!!!! Exactly what I needed! Thanks

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 5 months ago #23484

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Just a thought. Do we have a way of checking what in our library needs this script run on?

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 5 months ago #23485

• Kinjin
  • Fresh Boarder
This is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks Tom! If only the two programs could settle on a standard format... until then, this is great!

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 5 months ago #23911

• bakker_be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Is there any way inside or outside of CR to identify which files already have ComicBookInfo, but not on an individual basis, that's easy with winRAR.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Seuss

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 4 months ago #24653

• SPlNeTe
  • Fresh Boarder
I updated the script.

I changed the labels "Year" and "Month" to "PublicationYear" and "publicationMonth" to fit the standard, plus add the tag "comments" and use "AlternateSeries" in "Genre". I also separate the names of the credits.

ComicBookInfo - Metadata for digital comic files

Rename attachment to CBIGen.py and copy to C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ComicBookInfo Generator

Regards
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by SPlNeTe.

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 3 months ago #25832

• iDumb
  • Junior Boarder
Will this work on files in a Dropbox Folder ?

I'm guessing if I use Libary Organizer Script to Copy files in a List say (For iPad) to a Folder in Dropbox

Then use folder view to point to that Dropbox Folder stack the files in there to File Format ...Run and Export on anything not a CBZ to convert to CBZ.

Then Run script (or will they need a ComicVine Scrape on the new files ?? - Does metadata carry over for an export conversion ?)

Then anything added to CBL libary via Dropbox link should have metadata included ??

Hope it works

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 3 months ago #25885

• pipieye123
  • Junior Boarder
if you can add characters, storyarcs, and items as "tags" so it will show up in comicbooklover since cbl uses those to create smartlists, then it will be perfect.

TIA

Pipi

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 2 months ago #26087

• FluxAugur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Ok, so digging into ComicBookLover.app isn't difficult. I spent about 2 hours reverse engineering (cracking) the app today, and have the full source code in assembly and all of the Objective-C headers. It's a VERY straight-forward application. And for those wondering, no, it does NOT tie into iTunes in any way. They simply went for a familiar "look and feel" in their design.
Having this code makes it completely possible to integrate a scaper/library management and other such features found in CR directly into CBL. However, that is an EXTREME violation of their "closed source" (haha) copyright. But, trust me. I tested it. It works. I'm scraping directly from ComicVine into CBL from within the application. I can't post that here, but a stand-alone app is imminent.

And for folks using *just* OS X WITHOUT Win7 ComicRack or the ComicVineScraper, it's incredibly simple to pull out the two python scripts (only one of which is needed, the other connects the scraper to the ComicRack application itself). This can then be used as a stand-alone scraper for OS X, without the need to worry about reading/translating/migrating data from the .cbz "comments" field into the OS X metadata/extended attributes that CBL uses.

I have a fully functional app (that's nowhere near pretty, or does any sort of file migration) that took a whopping 30 mins to whip up.

The goal shouldn't be to require the use of 2-3 programs across multiple OSs. It should be to provide a stand-alone app for OS X that scrapes, tags, organizes, etc... And could trigger an import directly into CBL. Other than the scraping, everything else can simply be done via AppleScripts.

As I've just graduated (MS) and am job-hunting, I've got an unfortunate amount of free time on my hands. I should have something functional enough to test within a day or so.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome as this occurs.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by FluxAugur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenhow

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 2 months ago #26270

That would be amazing, I'd be willing to test it. I use both OSX and Windows. I love Comic Rack and would love to see some of the features in ComicLover.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Who's Online

We have 278 guests and one member online