Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover)

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 5 years 2 weeks ago #26455

• iDumb
  • Junior Boarder
What Fuzzy said ....

anyway of telling which files do and don't have the info attached ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 4 years 11 months ago #26697

• brenhow
  • Fresh Boarder
I would love to have a program that could do this automatically for me. I would be willing to pay quite a few bucks for it!

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 4 years 11 months ago #26698

• FluxAugur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Life intervened. Expect something for testing (or perhaps, just a notification for a link to the Mac App Store), up soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenhow

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 4 years 10 months ago #27334

• Enoch Root
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Just use ComicBookLover itself. Add your comics to CBL and see if the metadata is there.

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 4 years 10 months ago #27335

• brenhow
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm not sure what you mean, Enoch. CBZ files don't have metadata by default, and there's no built-in way to get metadata within ComicBookLover.

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 4 years 10 months ago #27336

• Enoch Root
  • Junior Boarder
Unless I misread something, this script takes the metadata you scraped or added to comics in comic rack and adds that to the cbz so it can also be read by CBL.

So if you want to check if your cbzs have the metadata in CBL format just add them to CBL and see.

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 4 years 10 months ago #27474

• ComicTagger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Here's another tool that might be of use that can read and write CR and CBL tags:
ComicTagger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Enoch Root

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 4 years 10 months ago #27558

• Enoch Root
  • Junior Boarder
I like this app a lot. I appreciate the work done on this.

There are a few things that need to be added before I would use it on a regular basis though.

1. I wasn't able to run batches of comics. Did I just miss how to do this or was it not there?
2. For some reason, the Writer field does not populate in the CBL main view even though the data is there in the Information dialog. You can select the Primary Writer from the drop down and then it will display in the main view, but that is a lot of work when you have multiple comics. (The Writer field in the main view does populate with the correct metadata when I use the CBL Info Injector in CR)

I don't want to be a curmudgeon. I really like that this is Mac based. The fact that this is the only thing I've seen on the Mac that does any kind of scraping is phenomenal and very exciting. I love CR, but having to fire it up in Parallels every time gets to be a chore. With the above noted fixes, I would pay for this app.

Re: New project - Beta release - ComicBookInfo Generator (for ComicBookLover) 4 years 10 months ago #27561

• ComicTagger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks, Enoch!

1. No batch mode yet in the GUI. However, CLI mode will let you work with lists of comics.

See: code.google.com/p/comictagger/wiki/UserGuide#CLI_User_Guide

2. For now, you can go to the settings dialog, and select "Assume Lone Credit is Primary" under "ComicVine"
This is really just as it says, an assumption, and can very well be wrong, if the the info about the comic is not complete.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and 3 members online