Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Automatically create smart lists

Automatically create smart lists 5 years 3 months ago #24534

• Milambar
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a script that
1. Copy the name of the folder to the tag field
2. Automatically create a smart list with the tag field

Example, all my comics of serie XXX are in one map. In folder browser I want to right click on the folder and automatically fill in the tag field for all comics in that folder.
Then I want automatically to create a smart list with the name XXX where tag is XXX

The reason I wanna do this is because I want to synchronise between my pc and tablet but the only way to do this is with list.

Or is there another a way to do something similar?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Automatically create smart lists 2 years 3 months ago #42752

• darkkniyt
  • Fresh Boarder
This is an old topic that was never answered but I would like to know if this is possible.
Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Automatically create smart lists 2 years 3 months ago #42767

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
My first reaction to this question would be "Why?" The OP seemed to want to do somthing relatively meaningless within the context of a ComicRack database, which was to replicate their folders into smartlists

Firstly if the files really are all from one series then all one needs to do is <alt> drag the first issue into the temporary lists section and it does exactly that without the necessity of using a tag.

Less autommatically you could drag the contents of a folder from the Folder tab into the Library tab and drop it into temporary lists to make a normal list. Or create a smart list that only includes files from a particular folder.

But it still seems odd that you wouldn't just use the normal browsing, searching and filtering options of the library itself.

I guess the follow up question is what exactly do you want to achive? Because the end result may be somthing that can be done in other ways.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by jkthemac.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Who's Online

We have 246 guests and 3 members online