Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Series from folder in library & chap recognition

Series from folder in library & chap recognition 9 years 5 days ago #2599

Oi mates

I've been using this app for a couple months. but I have some problems, u see, although I am using scripts to help sort it out (flugan's mine: great chap, bloody helpful script too i might add) if it matters
but its kinda driving me bloody nuts, since there are too many to manually edit and too many variations for mass renaming, and it is not doing enough

since I dont know any programming what so ever

I was wondering if you could help me in,

A. Extracting the "Series" tag from folders (disregarding the subfolders) specified in the library
Like my Library folder is "C:\Manga and Comics\": all the folders in there are series
Thus if a folder is called Green Arrow; the series is Green Arrow

B. Recognizing chapters when they are in bundles
ex: ch07-10 c001-042 chp42-52 etc

This one matters since a vast majority of these are not whole volumes or books, and unfortunately I have a ton of them
What actually happens is usually the first # is mistaken for a volume and second # for the actual chapter if a volume is not already indicated in the filename. If the volume is indicated then it only recognizes the first #

Anyway sorry for horribly long rant

I appreciate the help of all u fellas who r trying to help
Last Edit: 9 years 5 days ago by mysticphantom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognition 9 years 4 days ago #2601

• Morghus
  • Fresh Boarder
For the cp17-10 thing I poked Flugan about it too, but he didn't seem to interested in messing with it.

As for the others, I have no idea how you'd go about that, but shouldn't it be pretty simple stack by series and then rename them in bundles? I have a massive collection I did that pretty quickly with.

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognitio 9 years 4 days ago #2602

THNX for replying mate,

Well for the stacking my problem is that it has a problem recognizing them as a particular series due to a wild array of variations in the filename even though my pattern is 99% uniform in how i name them, but there are always those series which are named weirdly making it even weirder for the filename thus taking the series from the folder is far more efficient

Example I have a good amount of series that have a number attached to the name of the series or are number themselves

EX: Mixim 12, Change 123, Monster 5 Crushing, V V 666, 13

Since each series is organized to have its own folder, it might cancel out the chances of mistakes in the tags series wise, and in many cases volume and chapter wise
Last Edit: 9 years 4 days ago by mysticphantom.

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognitio 9 years 2 days ago #2607

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
I feel inclined to reply.

While some of the problem is due to lack of time the other problem is that without a fairly long list of exceptions to the currently supported naming schemes I don't have much to work with.

As I can't interact directly with another persons file I would have to put the filenames into a regular expressions frontend tool if I am to follow the same pattern as for the working schemes.

When it comes to chapter range there is actually the ability to set the chapter number to 55-59 and this kind of extension to the rules seems fairly straightforward to make.

It would still behave just as if it was chapter 55 when sorting which is what you want. I really had problems deciding how to handle omakes and extras. My solution was often to repackage into volumes or that the file would be sorted well enough already with perhaps some exceptions.

My choice of making chapters lacking volume use volume number 99 was a quite ugly tradeoff to make sure the sorting worked.

Feel free to reply with something more substantial. i.e. something I can work with.

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognitio 8 years 11 months ago #2647

Sorry mate

didnt mean ta insult u in anyway

I only mentioned ur script to make sure, that if someone else made a script for me so there wouldnt be any conflict between the scripts

I apologize sincerely

I guess ill ignore the chp range part now since i guess as u said its unnecessary

but the Series by folder, Ill try explaining it again....
I didnt mean to stop considering what was already in the filename
I meant was take that, but substitute it with the name of folder it is in
(which is the the first level of folders in the library root folder)

either way my general scheme for organizing my stuff is

"Series"_v#_c#

"series"_c#

"Series"_v#_c#"group"

"series"_c#"group"

sometimes: "series" since only one chp

"series" sometimes consists of #s [] _-+(){}

_ is interchangeable with - and space

v is interchangeable with vol only I usually figure out a way
bunko and tankobons by researching their locations

c is interchangeable with ch, chp

with the omake i just link it to the most recent chapter it comes out with or if it species a specific one then that one
Ex an omake came out after c100, then i just make it c100omake omake/special/extra...etc..... In some cases Omake is in the place of Chp....but if u ever let that occur make sure it indicates which volume like v08_omake i guess it could substitute for chapter # in that case

"group" is the same as series, could be preceded by a space or_ etc
for single-file series I purposely do not assign groups to avoid confusion

I make sure to precede a # with its variable if it has one: volumes must have the v or vol, chapters must have a c or ch

Complete Examples:
13.zip
Berserk_v05_023[Evil Genius].rar
Change_123_c007.zip
Miniature.rar
Baki_-_Son_of_Ogre_v08_redhawks.zip
Love_Collage[Aikora]_v10_c072.zip
Black_god-v01-c01.zip
Banya v03_c016 - Prelude to war{manga-express}.rar

I just mention this since the series name taken from the folder name can make it easier to organize and you can just extract the rest from the patterns. Volume and Chapters are the only ones needed, and I think you agree with that too since we have a mixture american comics and manga, plus I have some random South-east Asian ones which use the same format.

hope I clarified a bit, but it's tremendously long

Thanks mate, Ur an awesome fella, especially for trying to help me an such
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by mysticphantom.

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognitio 8 years 11 months ago #2652

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
works:
Berserk_v05_023[Evil Genius].rar
Black_god-v01-c01.zip
Change_123_c007.zip

incomplete handling:
Banya v03_c016 - Prelude to war{manga-express}.rar
Love_Collage[Aikora]_v10_c072.zip
13.zip

I have two regex handling taking serie names from folders
^.*\\(?<Series>[^\\]*?)( v\d\d?)?\\[vV]ol(ume)? ?(?<Volume>\d?\d)[^\\]*$
and
^.*\\(?<Series>[^\\]*?)( v\d\d?)?\\[vV](olume )?(?<Volume>\d?\d)[^\\]*\\[^\\]*(?<Number>\d?\d?\d)[^\\]*$

Rad Software Regular Expression Designer is the tool I'm currently using

Inputs look like for instance:
d:\manga\manga\One-shots\Change 123 c007.zip

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognitio 8 years 11 months ago #2653

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
Minor cleanup to more easily be able to bring regex over to external tool. Renamed files as well.

File Attachment:

File Name: Scripts-40...2b9b.zip
File Size:2 KB

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognitio 8 years 11 months ago #2655

THNKS !!! ALOT MATE!!

THIS is BLOODY GREAT...

IT helps alot

although some things dont completely work with it...... but a few manual touches are nothing much to fret on. Especially how much work it saved me from....seriously before this addition of yours i would literally have to to spend at least a week going through and editing the info...And I am not exaggerating at all

I truly appreciate your help

YOU ARE AN AWESOME CHAP

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognitio 8 years 11 months ago #2712

Sorry to bother ya Flugan, me mate

u been a big help...but for some reason the script isnt working after the update

it'll be awesome if ya help...or anyone who can at that part

Re:Series from folder in library & chap recognition 8 years 11 months ago #2715

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
I was worried when I read about changes to how filenames are parsed that something would break but I havn't had time to look at it and it will likely be some time before I get around to it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Who's Online

We have 253 guests and no members online