Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it?

Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 9 months ago #27873

• glave
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Do any scripts exist that I could possibly right click on a comic, and then make a new smartlist based on that comic's Series name?

I was thinking how nice that would be as I'm processing new books and stumble across some titles I'd like to check out, before they can possibly get lost in the shuffle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 9 months ago #27880

• glave
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Actually, that will work perfectly!

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 9 months ago #27882

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
....and the question mark & the hairy monster lived happily ever after! :laugh:

p.s. +1 karma to Edition for his excellent replies.. :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 9 months ago #28714

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I'm gonna give Edition some +karma for that workaround as well. :)

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 9 months ago #28721

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
One of the next release will introduce a new api command for scripts to create a smartlist. It will be based on the smartlist scripting language. Something like:
ComicRack.App.CreateSmartList("All Batman Comics", "Match [Series] contains \"Batman\";")
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, oraclexview

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 9 months ago #28723

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cYo wrote:
One of the next release will introduce a new api command for scripts to create a smartlist. It will be based on the smartlist scripting language. Something like:
ComicRack.App.CreateSmartList("All Batman Comics", "Match [Series] contains \"Batman\";")
You are awesome! :cheer:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 9 months ago #28725

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
600WPMPO wrote:
cYo wrote:
You are awesome! :cheer:
Make that SUPER DUPER AWESOME! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 8 months ago #29278

• eyeonus
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
cYo wrote:

I also look forward to this, but I have to ask: Only a create smartlist command?

I'd like create/edit/move/delete of folder/lists/smartlist, and specifically the ability to create/move a folder/list/smartlist under a folder's hierarchy.

(As in, create or move a "Volume: 1996" smartlist under a "Series: Avengers" folder under a "Team: Avengers" folder under a "Publisher: Marvel" folder. As a long-winded example.)

Oh yes, and also some kind of get function, either that returns a list of the folders, smartlists, and lists that currently exist, or that returns true or false based on the passed name (with hierarchy in both cases, so that the smartlist "V1963" in the hierarchy "Marvel/Avengers/The Avengers/V1963" is distinguished from the the smartlist "V1963" in the hierarchy "Marvel/Spider-Man/Amazing Spider-Man/V1963").
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by eyeonus.

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 8 months ago #30259

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
cYo wrote:

did this ever make it into the current version?

I am working on a script to implement creation of smartlists from selected books, and user specified parameters almost done (under the idea that this is how the api is/will be implemented.)

just need to know this one thing: how would one call up the TreeList to set a place to locate created smartlists or iss that not available through the scripting Api?

Re: Script you could right click a comic and create a smartlist from it? 4 years 6 months ago #32049

• eyeonus
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Is the API wiki page up to date? I can't find anything about this method anywhere other than this thread.

Has it not been implemented yet? Are you considering implementing my requests from earlier in this thread?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Who's Online

We have 168 guests and 6 members online