Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: malor89's ComicRack Scripts

Re:malor89's ComicRack Scripts 6 years 11 months ago #10722

• freMea
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi malor89,

Thanks for your scripts

I hope we'll have news an updates from you. You have great skills. I may ask you a piece of advice soon if I notice you keep watching the thread.

Cheers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:malor89's ComicRack Scripts 6 years 11 months ago #10729

• malor89
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Thanks, I've been needing to rework the code, because it is entirely too slow. I think some changes to ComicRack have caused it to not work the way it should, but I'm pretty sure I can fix that.

My original goal was to be able to process most filenames without making any changes, but since then I've realized that the original filenames had already been altered and I wrote some perl scripts that do a pretty good job of attempting to restore the original file names that have had all the "()" and stuff changed to "_" etc. I might post those as well, but it would require people to install Perl to use them. The scripts could be done in Python, but I just find Perl a lot quicker and easier to use. Which is part of the reason I haven't got back to updating these scripts.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by malor89.

Re:malor89's ComicRack Scripts 6 years 11 months ago #10744

• freMea
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,

Glad you're still alive. I wrote a new thread. Maybe it will inspire you a new coding challenge. ;)

[REQUEST] New parsing script

Re:malor89's ComicRack Scripts 6 years 11 months ago #10757

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
malor89 wrote:
unteins wrote:
Definitely keep posting.
Thanks, I will. I already have a couple ideas for things I want to try.

Yep, my soul went underground when I posted the slideshow script and nobody said a thing :whistle: ... but people do use them!... thanks

Re:malor89's ComicRack Scripts 6 years 11 months ago #10759

• mr.clix
  • Junior Boarder
  • Bang! Bang!
I like the idea of a clearing script. Can't tell you how many times I scraped the wrong danged info into a batch of comics and had to manually clear it.

Re:malor89's ComicRack Scripts 6 years 11 months ago #10939

• malor89
  • Senior Boarder
I've finally had the time to work on my script and the news isn't good. While I found a few minor problems, none of them effected the slow speed of the parsing script. I have ActivePerl installed on my computer and had the script process a test file containing over 3500 file names. It took 1.5 seconds which is less time than it takes for it to process two files in ComicRack. So, I installed IronPython, which ComicRack uses, and tried the test file again. It took over 10 minutes to finish, which is over 400 times slower. I don't know how to fix this, so my parsing script is pretty much dead.

The minor changes can be downloaded from the attachment on the first post of this thread.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by malor89.

Re: malor89's ComicRack Scripts 6 years 10 months ago #11296

• malor89
  • Senior Boarder
I gave it one more try and finally figured out what was making my AltPathParser script so terribly slow. ComicRack updated from using IronPython 1.1 to IronPython 2.+ For some strange reason the newer version of IronPython runs dog slow when using the re.compile function frequently. So, I've rewritten AltPathParser and now it is back to taking seconds instead of minutes to process a large list of comics. The new version can be downloaded from the first post.

Re:malor89's ComicRack Scripts 5 years 1 month ago #25521

• Flaser
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Could you give me a link to your script? Auto-read / slide-show is the *one* thing I've been missing from ComicRack!

Re:malor89's ComicRack Scripts 5 years 1 month ago #25522

• malor89
  • Senior Boarder
Flaser wrote:
Could you give me a link to your script? Auto-read / slide-show is the *one* thing I've been missing from ComicRack!
The link is at the bottom of the first post, but I don't think it matches what you indicated you are looking for.

Re: malor89's ComicRack Scripts 5 years 1 month ago #25523

• Flaser
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
malor89 wrote:
Flaser wrote:
The link is at the bottom of the first post, but I don't think it matches what you indicated you are looking for.

Sorry, I was supposed to quote-reply to:
perezmu wrote:
malor89 wrote:
unteins wrote:
Definitely keep posting.
Thanks, I will. I already have a couple ideas for things I want to try.

Yep, my soul went underground when I posted the slideshow script and nobody said a thing :whistle: ... but people do use them!... thanks

...asking whether he still had the script.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm still not used to the quirks of the forum here.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and 2 members online