Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 3 years 6 months ago #38741

• Moonboi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I recently started using this script and it is amazing. A little intimidating at first but great once you figure it out. I do have one issue though. When I run the script on Annuals they first get changed by the annual rule (remove annual from series and set format) but after that when the rule to set a series group for the main series the converted annual file gets skipped.

My thought would be that with annual removed from series in the first rule set that the file would be changed with the rest of main series files for additional rules. Am I doing this wrong or can a rule on affect a file once?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 3 years 6 months ago #38742

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Moonboi wrote:
I recently started using this script and it is amazing. A little intimidating at first but great once you figure it out. I do have one issue though. When I run the script on Annuals they first get changed by the annual rule (remove annual from series and set format) but after that when the rule to set a series group for the main series the converted annual file gets skipped.

My thought would be that with annual removed from series in the first rule set that the file would be changed with the rest of main series files for additional rules. Am I doing this wrong or can a rule on affect a file once?

This is why the next version will allow groups to ask as rulesets as well. I ran into this same problem... so then i thought "what if the group performed an action after the main series and annuals have been properly set.

for instance <#Action Comics #28 & Action Comics 2012 Annual>
# GROUP Action Comics #COMMENT Action Comics & Action Comics Annuals #FILTERSANDDEFAULTS <Series.Is:ActionComics> => <SeriesGroup.SetValue:Superman>
#NAME Main Series # Comment Modifies all in the series
<Format.NotAnyOf:Annual||Trade Paperback||Giant-Size||Special> => <WhateverSpecificValues.Set.ForMainSeries>
#NAME Annuals #COMMENT Annual Specifics
<Format.Is.Annual> => <Etc.Etc.Etc>
#NAME Trade Paperbacks #COMMENT Trade Paperback specifics
<Format.Is.Trade Paperback>
#END_GROUP Action Comics

The example above assumes that the Annual rule has been run already....
so that instead of Action Comics Annual #nn it is Action Comics and format is Annual (I have two global groups that apply to all books: "Global Pre-Operations" [Annual fix runs in this group] and "Global Post-Operations"

So with that assumption the group operates on all comics that are titled "Action Comics" but only after the Ruleset operations contained within are executed.

For instance All Main Series comics will be operated on first (Action Comics #28), then annuals (Action Comics 2012 Annual), then trade paperbacks, and only when it reaches the END_GROUP will each of those (main series, annuals, and trade paperbacks) have their series Group set to "Superman"
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonboi

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 3 years 6 months ago #38889

• Knight187
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I Followed the Link to your Google code page but the only download I see is the Pdf Manual. Has this script gone away?

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 3 years 6 months ago #38893

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Knight187 wrote:
Hello, I Followed the Link to your Google code page but the only download I see is the Pdf Manual. Has this script gone away?

No, googlecode, as of April 2014 only allows code to be uploaded, no more compiled files, because of abuse of the file upload/download options (people were using it for cracks and wares, and other more legal [but discouraged] file sharing)

link to plugin download is HERE
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 2 years 10 months ago #41231

• proud_wolf
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I'm trying to use DataManager for obtain Series Max Count.
However for {Count} there are only two modifiers:
- SetValue (where just Number could be inserted)
- Calc (but all available values are not suitable)

Could anyone give me a guidance how to do this?

Thanks in advance

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 2 years 9 months ago #41432

• sebgueb
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

I think I need a little help to use DM :

When I imported my books to CR, all the books names and series were merged into the Serie field.
with the following template :

'serie - - title'

Now I'am trying to split this back into serie and title fields.
Is there a way with DM to split a field in 2 and removing the center string '- -' ?

thanks for your help.

seb.

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 2 years 9 months ago #41452

• proud_wolf
  • Fresh Boarder
HI Seb,

Library Organizer is the best way to do this
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Who's Online

We have 237 guests and 7 members online