Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.13 4 years 6 months ago #31365

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Version 0.1.14 of the Data Manager is online now at google code.

No new features in this version but it fixes some problems when multi-value fields like tags and genre are addressed by the rules.

As always: please don't remove the previous version but install this version over it without prior removal.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by docdoom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31368

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I get an error with 0.1.14:

Error while executing the rules.
unexpected token 'Finest'
Please check your rules.

This is the problem:
<<Series:Worlds' Finest>> <<Publisher:DC Comics>> => <<SeriesGroup:Justice League>>

If I delete it, than I get again an error with 's', because of this line:
<<Series:Justice League of America's Vibe>> <<Publisher:DC Comics>> => <<SeriesGroup:Justice League>>

So because of the ' sign, but that's in the series title.

By the way, I think, if we need only copy another field's data, it could be like this, it's simpler:

<<Format:Limited Series>> <<Publisher.Contains:Image>> => <<SeriesGroup:{Series}>>

So it's the same as the <<Format:Limited Series>> <<Publisher.Contains:Image>> => <<SeriesGroup.Calc:{Series}>>, just without the Calc.
Just an idea. :)
edit: But of course not the best idea if we want to use the { and } as characters, hm...
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mammut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: docdoom

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31370

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
I will fix that apostrophe (') error, thanks for posting it so qickly!
Mammut wrote:
edit: But of course not the best idea if we want to use the { and } as characters, hm...

Yes, that is one of the reasons why I implemented the Calc modifier.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31374

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Mammut wrote:
I get an error with 0.1.14:

Error while executing the rules.
unexpected token 'Finest'
Please check your rules.

This is the problem:
<<Series:Worlds' Finest>> <<Publisher:DC Comics>> => <<SeriesGroup:Justice League>>

Until I fix it you might escape the ' with a \ like:
<<Series:Worlds\' Finest>>
instead of
<<Series:Worlds' Finest>>

This should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mammut

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31375

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thank you. :)

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31672

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Will you be able to update this to include custom values?

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31692

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
sykoone wrote:
Will you be able to update this to include custom values?

I will do that definitely!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mammut

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31751

• Just Bill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I've just discovered this script via the Comic Scraper thread. I'm a little bit scared of messing up my data because it looks like a powerful script that can do a lot of damage in the wrong hands... mine! LOL

So, what I'm looking to do is find a way to add a sorting field for secondary numbers that appeared on Superman family books and Legion of Superheroes titles in the 90's. Is that something the Data Manager would be used for, or is there an easier way that I'm missing?

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31753

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I must be slow since I only just realised this would be an excellent tool for filling in all those missing count and formats for limited series. Most useful, thanks :)

Incidentally, will it possible to set Manga, Black and White and Series Complete?

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 6 months ago #31754

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
@Just Bill: This is a very useful feature and will be possible with a future release of the Data Manager when custom values will be supported. Don't be afraid: it won't take long.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by docdoom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Just Bill
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Who's Online

We have 214 guests and 10 members online