Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31773

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Mammut wrote:
docdoom wrote:
Yes, sure.

If you're ready with an item type, it's not just a "copy-paste" situation for the other similar fields? Or do you test each one of them?

In most of the cases it is. But after some interesting :S experiences especially with the Number field I am much more careful now.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31775

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
docdoom wrote:
Mammut wrote:
docdoom wrote:
Yes, sure.

If you're ready with an item type, it's not just a "copy-paste" situation for the other similar fields? Or do you test each one of them?

In most of the cases it is. But after some interesting :S experiences especially with the Number field I am much more careful now.

Thanks for test it this much. :)
I think if you create some very beta version we could help with the testing, at least I have only scraped data in a lot of comics, so I can rescape them easily after the test if something is wrong.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31777

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Will not forget you with the next beta. Should be ready in a couple of days after the final release of the Backup Manager is online. Thank you for your support!
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by docdoom.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31778

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
docdoom wrote:
Will not forget you with the next beta. Should be ready in a couple of days after the final release of the Backup Manager is online.

Thanks, that's an important plug-in as well. :)

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31779

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Mammut wrote:
docdoom wrote:
Will not forget you with the next beta. Should be ready in a couple of days after the final release of the Backup Manager is online.

Thanks, that's an important plug-in as well. :)

Just sent you a PM.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31784

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Kirtai wrote:
It's so I can do things like number this crossover with something like the following:

<<Series:Gold Digger>> <<Volume:1996>> <<Number:32>> => <AlternateNumber:1>> <<AlternateCount:8>>
How is this more easy than simply manually typing in the alternate series & count in the Info dialog? I mean, in the example above, you are making rules for a SINGLE issue. Not productive, this. :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31785

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
600 more and more becomes our ComicRack Yoda.
Not productive this is, my young Padawan.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31795

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Kirtai wrote:
It's so I can do things like number this crossover with something like the following:

<<Series:Gold Digger>> <<Volume:1996>> <<Number:32>> => <AlternateNumber:1>> <<AlternateCount:8>>
How is this more easy than simply manually typing in the alternate series & count in the Info dialog? I mean, in the example above, you are making rules for a SINGLE issue. Not productive, this. :unsure:

But it would make sense like this:
<<Series:Gold Digger>> <<Volume:1996>> <<Number.Range:32,39>> => <AlternateNumber.Calc:{Number}-31>> <<AlternateCount:8>>

:P
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by docdoom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31796

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
Is this will be possible later?

<<Custom.Era Number.Range:3,10>> => <<Custom.Era Number.Calc:{Custom.Era Number}+1>>

So we could easily add a new issue in the middle of this:

Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Mammut.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31802

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Mammut wrote:
Is this will be possible later?

<<Custom.Era Number.Range:3,10>> => <<Custom.Era Number.Calc:{Custom.Era Number}+1>>

Not sure yet if this will work. The Custom Values are all stored as type string in the database so how should the DataMan know how to interpret the plus sign?

E.g.:
if the old value of EraNumber is "3"
and you use the rule <<Custom.Era Number.Calc:{Custom.Era Number}+1>>
how should the DataMan decide what your expected result is ("4" or "31")?

At the moment I think it would be best to handle the custom values strictly as strings (as they are stored in the database). This would deliver the most stable results.
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds

Who's Online

We have 261 guests and 3 members online