Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31803

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
600WPMPO wrote:
Kirtai wrote:
It's so I can do things like number this crossover with something like the following:

<<Series:Gold Digger>> <<Volume:1996>> <<Number:32>> => <AlternateNumber:1>> <<AlternateCount:8>>
How is this more easy than simply manually typing in the alternate series & count in the Info dialog? I mean, in the example above, you are making rules for a SINGLE issue. Not productive, this. :unsure:
There's eight of them, four in each series, with disjointed numbering and that's just one of them. I've also had them clobbered by the scraper before because ComicVine doesn't supply the numbering, just the arc name so I've had to go in and manually find and fix them by hand before (there's about 150 comics in that volume so far, finding them is annoying).

Also, it isn't just one issue, there's dozens of entire series that I want to apply various values unsupported by ComicVine to, like Alternate numbers and counts, formats, black and white, manga, limited vs one-shot vs main series and so on and having all that information in a single place with the ability to reapply it en masse is vastly superior to applying it by hand with all the unreliability that implies.

Most importantly, I've become a real fan of automation and doing something by hand that I can have the computer do automatically has come to annoy me immensely. By putting all these tweaks in the data manager I don't have to remember them or reapply them by hand should they be lost or need to be changed. I can restore all of my metadata by just running ComicVine Scraper, ScannerInfo, Data Manager & Library Organiser with no manual work required. I find that very productive ;)

In this specific case, Antarctic Press recently released a whole load of back issues of this series on their website in high resolution pdf so I converted them to cbz and replaced my scans with them, meaning I had to redo all these metadata tweaks. Having them in the Data Manager would have saved me a bunch of finicky work.

Wow, that turned into a rant. Sorry about that :ohmy: :laugh: It's just when I start thinking about how much time I wasted manually managing data on a machine that's vastly better at it than me it makes me want to slap myself silly. :pinch:
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Kirtai. Reason: formatting
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31809

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Here's the TL;DR version

I want to put all my manual tweaks into the data manager so that
  1. I can find all of them in one place
  2. I never, ever have to do them again :)

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31812

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
docdoom wrote:
Mammut wrote:
Is this will be possible later?

<<Custom.Era Number.Range:3,10>> => <<Custom.Era Number.Calc:{Custom.Era Number}+1>>

Not sure yet if this will work. The Custom Values are all stored as type string in the database so how should the DataMan know how to interpret the plus sign?

E.g.:
if the old value of EraNumber is "3"
and you use the rule <<Custom.Era Number.Calc:{Custom.Era Number}+1>>
how should the DataMan decide what your expected result is ("4" or "31")?

At the moment I think it would be best to handle the custom values strictly as strings (as they are stored in the database). This would deliver the most stable results.

Hm, maybe there could be more attributes. In example:
<<Custom.Era Number.Calc(Num):{Custom.Era Number}+1>> for numeric data and
<<Custom.Era Number.Calc:{Custom.Era Number}+1>> or <<Custom.Era Number.Calc(Text):{Custom.Era Number}+1>> for text data (it can be the default, so it's not important to use the "(Text)").

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31815

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Mammut wrote:
Hm, maybe there could be more attributes. In example:
<<Custom.Era Number.Calc(Num):{Custom.Era Number}+1>> for numeric data and
<<Custom.Era Number.Calc:{Custom.Era Number}+1>> or <<Custom.Era Number.Calc(Text):{Custom.Era Number}+1>> for text data (it can be the default, so it's not important to use the "(Text)").

Not sure, not sure. My main goal is to keep the syntax as plain and simple as possible. But as a advanced feature for advanced users? Maybe. Let me think about it.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by docdoom.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31816

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks.

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31935

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Sample rules how to handle the common problem of two volumes of one series starting in the same year (referring to this discussion:

first rule: check if month is less than 10 and set those to series "Steed and Mrs. Peel [v1]"
<<Series:Steed and Mrs. Peel>><<Volume:2012>><<Month.Less:10>> => <<Series:Steed and Mrs. Peel [v1]>>

second rule: set the remaining to "Steed and Mrs. Peel [v2]"
<<Series:Steed and Mrs. Peel>><<Volume:2012>> => <<Series:Steed and Mrs. Peel [v2]>>
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirtai

Re: the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 4 years 7 months ago #31994

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
@docdoom

I'm in the last stages of creating a GUI for your CR Data Manager, private Message me if you're interested in using it.

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 3 years 7 months ago #38631

The data manager seems to no longer be available from Google Code, does anyone have it that I might install it?

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 3 years 7 months ago #38632

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Eddie The Lightbringer wrote:
The data manager seems to no longer be available from Google Code, does anyone have it that I might install it?

latest version is bit.ly/1fvodbf

the CR Data Manager - enter data automatically based on rules - 0.1.14 3 years 7 months ago #38678

• Darcorn
  • Fresh Boarder
I've installed the Data Manager today but I can't run it. When I click the icon a window appears with a "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error message. Anyone know how to fix this?
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Who's Online

We have 224 guests and 4 members online