Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Request for assistance

Request for assistance 8 years 7 months ago #3105

Hi all

I'm trying to get pymssql (pymssql.sourceforge.net/) to work from within CR. I think the installer is registering itself and building the _mssql module within my local python instance, but not within CR. Can anyone verify this? Is there a way to build this "on the fly" within CR?

If anyone can get this working or can specify an alternate method to connect a python script to SQL Server, I would be much obliged!

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Request for assistance 8 years 7 months ago #3113

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
How about using ODBC instead? I don't know for sure but the modules you need for that might already be available in IronPython scripting.

This page is good: http://www.time-travellers.org/shane/howtos/MS-SQL-Express-Python-HOWTO.html

This might be helpful but it might also be overkill for your needs: http://www.petersblog.org/node/847

You are probably trying to use a module not included with the scripting environment. I have not been able to accomplish in the past so if you or anyone can make 3rd party modules visible from withing ComicRack PLEASE share that information.

Re:Request for assistance 8 years 7 months ago #3126

No good. Looks like ODBC is also a third-party module, or at least it's not included in IronPython.

Re:Request for assistance 8 years 7 months ago #3127

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
I don't know why I didn't think of this at first, but you should try using the .NET Framework classes. Import the namespaces you need and set up a reference.

SqlConnection class documentation is here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqlconnection(VS.80).aspx
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by wadegiles.

Re:Request for assistance 8 years 7 months ago #3129

Can you give an example of how to use that in Python? I'm not sure the syntax (would it be the same)?

Re:Request for assistance 8 years 7 months ago #3130

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
Assuming your connection string is set for the variable connectionString

Your import statements should be:

clr.AddReferenceByName( "System.Data.SqlClient" )
from System.Data.SqlClient import *

In the code, to set up an opened connection object:

sqlDb = SqlConnection(connectionString)
sqlDb.Open()

The syntax difference when using .NET classes in IronPython is that variables are not strongly declared with their types and there is no new operator for instantiation. In C#, the connection object could be instantiated using this line of code: SqlConnection sqlDb = new SqlConnection(connectionString);
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by wadegiles.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Who's Online

We have 199 guests and 5 members online