Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem?

[Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31316

• ArKay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I've been trying to add 2 issues which can't be found using the plugin.

- Fantastic Four 5 AU
- Superior Spider-Man 6 AU

Those are special issues (Age of Ultron Tie-Ins) and they are listed as #5au and #6au respectively, yet the plugin only shows #5 and #6. They are listed correctly on the page.

www.comicvine.com/fantastic-four/4050-53921/
www.comicvine.com/superior-spider-man/4050-55552/

Is this is a ComicVine API issue, or a scraper issue?

Cheers,
Rainer
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ArKay.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31335

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Looks like this one is a bug in the scraper.

Thanks for the bug report! I'll fix it up in the next release of the scraper (probably this weekend.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: docdoom

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31338

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
I was able to scrape Superior Spider-Man #6au last night - only thing I noticed is that it shows at the top of the issues list, before #1.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31342

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@ArKay: when you were searching for those issues, did you search for "Fantastic Four 5 AU" or "Fantastic Four"? It's possible that the filename for your cbz file is causing problems with the default search terms that the scraper tries to use.

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31343

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
With all this crazy numbering, my early on design decision to make the numeric number field a text field really pays off :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shinrai

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31344

• donspace
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
cbanack wrote:
@ArKay: when you were searching for those issues, did you search for "Fantastic Four 5 AU" or "Fantastic Four"? It's possible that the filename for your cbz file is causing problems with the default search terms that the scraper tries to use.

I've done it both ways. The filename populates the search as "Fantastic Four AU" which fails to return any result. Removing "UA" from the search returns the correct result (or damn close to it). The actual issue, however, is found at the top of the list (like a negative number).

Also, 'Scraper has not been able to "guess" the right issue, of course. I've had to manually ID it each time.

D
Java devil, you are now my bitch.

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31345

• donspace
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
cYo wrote:
With all this crazy numbering, my early on design decision to make the numeric number field a text field really pays off :)

As someone who habitually uses "non-numerics" to identify certain issues, I am most grateful. Brilliant choice from the start to go with the text field!

D
Java devil, you are now my bitch.

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31347

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
When I first saw that you did that, I thought you were just being sloppy. But it was a very good choice indeed. B)

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31356

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I scraped both of those with no issues, they were located at the top on the list when you manually pick the issue above issue 1

Re: [Comic Vine Scraper] Non-numeric issue # problem? 4 years 6 months ago #31371

• ArKay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Yeah, the result is at the top. How could I have missed that? Gee.

Stripping the alphas before conversion to integer probably fixes the sorting. It's not a big deal and this is an exception. :)

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Rainer
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds

Who's Online

We have 183 guests and 4 members online