Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Proposed Changes to Comic Vine Scraper Settings

Re: Proposed Changes to Comic Vine Scraper Settings 4 years 7 months ago #32555

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
docdoom wrote:
I'm one of the (maybe) few that uses this feature regularly especially when I'm scraping folders with older and unsorted books. It might be not needed when scraping 0-day folders but it is quite useful for me when books of several volumes are stored in one folder (before moving them to their final destination).

I think you are referring to the option "When several comics appear to be from the same series, only confirm the series for the first one"

The "Confirm each series name before searching for it" just forces you to manually click search before going to the "Choose a Comic Book Series" window. On the rare occasions that it doesn't list your series you just click search again to go back.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Proposed Changes to Comic Vine Scraper Settings 4 years 7 months ago #32571

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
This is a good idea. That would definitely help with TPBs.

Re: Proposed Changes to Comic Vine Scraper Settings 4 years 7 months ago #32579

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I have also fallen into the TPB trap many times myself. Because I am mainly focused on the picture I can be trigger happy on the OK button, and then Issue 2 has problems, as the TPB is usually a single volume. Leaving me to have to cancel the scrape and remove the scraped data for issue 1.

I actually wonder if it might be better to have an option to work through issues in reverse order to solve this in the majority of situations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezmu, Edtion

Re: Proposed Changes to Comic Vine Scraper Settings 4 years 7 months ago #32624

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
jkthemac wrote:
I actually wonder if it might be better to have an option to work through issues in reverse order to solve this in the majority of situations.
I like that idea (well, I'm not sure it needs an option, I could just switch it so that the scraper counts down issues instead of counting up.) That will greatly reduce the chances of making a "TPB Error", regardless of whether you're trying to let the scraper pick automatically, or if you are a bit "trigger happy" when you do it by hand. :)
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by cbanack.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Who's Online

We have 223 guests and 2 members online