Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 4 years 6 months ago #33002

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
docdoom & T3KN0Gh057 proudly present the Data Manager for ComicRack 1.2

If you are using ComicRack to organize your comic library there is sometimes the need to enter data depending on rules. So you might want to set the series group to Gotham for all Batman books. Or you scraped your data from Comic Vine (using the excellent ComicVine Scraper) and discover that some of the information in the ComicVine database is not correct. So you want to set the publisher information for the first 200 issues of Walt Disneys Comics and Stories to the correct publisher Dell instead of Boom.

This plugin will complete all these tasks automatically.

Version 1.2 is now available (2013-06-14)

Major changes in this version:
  • The Data Manager is much faster now (factor 40 compared to version 1.0). Watch a demonstration at the project site
  • delimiter for multiple list items is changed from comma to '||' (but you don't have to worry about it, the GUI will do that for you for your current ruleset collections)
  • 'OR' mode for rules implemented
  • new modifiers ContainsAllOf, NotContainsAllOf, NotRange
  • if a field is changed by one ruleset but multiple actions only the last value is written to the logfile
  • the GUI supports searching the ruleset collection for any field, modifier or value
As the list delimiter for multiple values (like in ContainsAnyOf etc.) has changed from comma to '||' it is necessary that your ruleset collection is converted once. This will be done automatically as soon as you open your ruleset collection in the configurator.

Bugfix 1.2.4 (2014-02-28)
this fixes an issue which was created with 1.2.3

Please do not forget to save your extra configuration files you may have created before the installation to a safe place, if you have not been using your own location or the gui suggested location.

Please read the updated manual at google code for further information about the complete set of features.

Please note: If you have already installed the Data Manager in an earlier version please follow these steps:
install version 1.2 from the url below *without* removing the previous version

the latest version (crDataMan_v1.2.4r219.crplugin) can be downloaded here
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by docdoom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezmu, 600WPMPO, Prandi, Madmatx, Rick, Mammut, ErrorX2, Kirtai, wojosama, Smunkey

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33004

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Yay, thanks. I've been looking forward to this :)

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33005

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
You're welcome! Don't forget to look at the manual. Might be useful because of the lot of new features.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33006

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hope you guys like it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Madmatx, wojosama

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33007

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Excellent work!:cheer:

+1 karma each to the dynamic duo, my friend docdoom & his partner-in-crime T3KN0Gh057!
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33010

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
docdoom wrote:

Major changes in this version:
You don't need to write any text-based rules anymore. The previous editor has completely been replaced by a graphical interface which makes it much easier to create your rules.

I've never had any desire to use the app on until now, thank you from us old timers over age 30 that don't want to learn the proper type-phrasing to use an app.

I'll definitely give this new version a shot!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Madmatx.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33012

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Well I'm over 40 so i understand yor plight. :D you're welcome/

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33013

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks very much! :)

"BUT: custom fields will be available in the next version, we're working on it!"

Nice! :)

edit: Hmm, is there any way to make editable the Text View window? I'm much faster with keyboard, especially with the repeated tasks (ctrl+c then ctrl-v is way simpler for me).
In example: my rules are all unnamed now, and it's 3 mouse click on 3 different places to add a name, the copy-paste would be much faster in the Text View.
And the tab order doesn't help the speed in the GUI. If I'm in the rule list, 9 tab is the Name field, 2 shift-tab is the Update button at the bottom, and 7 shift-tab to get back to the list. It's way easier to make a mistake with that many tab presses than with the Text View.
By the way, the dialog fields are not in order at all, ie.: after the Name edit box the next is the Action Field combo box in the tab order.
Don't misunderstand me, the GUI is great, but I think it's wrong to fully disable the text edit mode.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mammut.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33017

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Mammut wrote:
Thanks very much! :)

"BUT: custom fields will be available in the next version, we're working on it!"

Nice! :)

edit: Hmm, is there any way to make editable the Text View window? I'm much faster with keyboard, especially with the repeated tasks (ctrl+c then ctrl-v is way simpler for me).
In example: my rules are all unnamed now, and it's 3 mouse click on 3 different places to add a name, the copy-paste would be much faster in the Text View.

Did you read the manual? You can drag and drop items in the tree where you want them to go. And the answer to making the text editable is a simple NO. You want to edit text I do believe there's a way to enable the old GUI. (in the User.ini GUI = Old)
And the tab order doesn't help the speed in the GUI. If I'm in the rule list, 9 tab is the Name field, 2 shift-tab is the Update button at the bottom, and 7 shift-tab to get back to the list. It's way easier to make a mistake with that many tab presses than with the Text View.
By the way, the dialog fields are not in order at all, ie.: after the Name edit box the next is the Action Field combo box in the tab order.
Don't misunderstand me, the GUI is great, but I think it's wrong to fully disable the text edit mode.

Well you're perfectly welcome to use the old GUI if you want to edit text, this GUI is made to Eliminate user error, so sorry but no text edit. However i will fix the Tab order if that will help
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33018

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
Mammut wrote:
Did you read the manual? You can drag and drop items in the tree where you want them to go.

I read it. And I didn't ask for this info at all.
simple NO

I would get it without shouting... :(
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Who's Online

We have 250 guests and 3 members online