Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33042

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Kirtai wrote:
Couple of minor notes about the manual.

On page 25, LessEq is marked as "(this can only be used with numerial fields)" but Greater, GreaterEq, Less are not. Is that intended? Numerial is misspelled too.

Also, is there a way to save only parts of a ruleset or single rules so you can easily share them? I can only see ways to save the entire ruleset.

This is something I'm already working on, should be finished before Wednesday, You'll be able to Export a Group as a separate Ruleset Collection.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33043

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
docdoom wrote:
Freakeao wrote:
option to Suggest/auto fill a name for a rule based on first rule's value (mainly useful for upgraders, but could be nice when creating a new rule as well)
can you be more specific about this?

So if I'm going to create a ruleset like this
<<Series.Is:Justice League>> <<Publisher.Is:DC Comics>> => <<SeriesGroup.SetValue:Justice League>>

You could take the first string value, in this case "Justice League" and use that for the @Name

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33044

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
Freakeao wrote:
Issues
- Can't multi-select rules or groups to drag and drop

-multi-drag and drop (if ever) is going to be way down the line... treeviews aren't the easiest thing to work with as it is, and just getting single drag and drop and repositioning as well as making sure you can't drag and drop a group to one of its own sub groups (which incidentally makes the drag and drop of unnamed rules impossible as well at the moment) was a delicate dance. The trade off for this would have to be Rulesets & Groups would all have to have unique names.

From what I remember of developing with treeviews (and it's been a while) you can tag each node with an unseen value. So a tag of the full path and/or ID of the node would get around the unique names problem.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33045

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Blergh, T3KN0Gh057 answered this while I was writing an epic post :laugh:

Being able to cut/paste rules in text form via the clipboard in the same way as you can with SmartLists would be quite handy.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Kirtai.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33046

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Freakeao wrote:
docdoom wrote:
Freakeao wrote:
option to Suggest/auto fill a name for a rule based on first rule's value (mainly useful for upgraders, but could be nice when creating a new rule as well)
can you be more specific about this?

So if I'm going to create a ruleset like this
<<Series.Is:Justice League>> <<Publisher.Is:DC Comics>> => <<SeriesGroup.SetValue:Justice League>>

You could take the first string value, in this case "Justice League" and use that for the @Name

What will Happen is it take the first rule in the set (in this case <<Series.Is:Justice League>>) and translate it into English (which in this case is a straight Translation ("Series: Justice League" in the case of Is only will show like this)

So a few examples
<<Count.Less:4>> Becomes "Count is less than 4"
<<Series.NotContains:Batman>> Becomes "Series does not contain the phrase 'Batman'"
<<Tags.Contains:German>> Becomes "Tag list does not contain the phrase 'German'"

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33047

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Freakeao wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
Freakeao wrote:
Issues
- Can't multi-select rules or groups to drag and drop

-multi-drag and drop (if ever) is going to be way down the line... treeviews aren't the easiest thing to work with as it is, and just getting single drag and drop and repositioning as well as making sure you can't drag and drop a group to one of its own sub groups (which incidentally makes the drag and drop of unnamed rules impossible as well at the moment) was a delicate dance. The trade off for this would have to be Rulesets & Groups would all have to have unique names.

From what I remember of developing with treeviews (and it's been a while) you can tag each node with an unseen value. So a tag of the full path and/or ID of the node would get around the unique names problem.

the treenodes are already tagged with the rulesets and groups themselves, and it doesn't solve the problem of repositioning them when their paths are empty (as their path is designated as the same as the parent node. Like i said, way down the line, though i do have an idea of how I'm going to get it working on a single node, multi-node support for drag and drop depnds on whether or not i see the venture as worth it. (In other words how much trouble it is to get it working) I almost dropped drag and drop support because of the trouble it was.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33048

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
I get an error on calc fields if the "calc" starts with a field
<<Volume.Calc:{Volume} - {Number}>>

Will generate the error
---------------------------
CR Data Manager 1.0.0 r151 - Parse error
---------------------------
Error in line 0!
You wanted to assign the string value '{Volume} - {Number}' to the numerical field 'Volume'
This is not allowed. Please check your rules.

But if I change it to
<<Volume.Calc:0 + {Volume} - {Number}>>

It works just fine.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33049

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Kirtai wrote:
Blergh, T3KN0Gh057 answered this while I was writing an epic post :laugh:

Being able to cut/paste rules in text form via the clipboard in the same way as you can with SmartLists would be quite handy.

With the current cut/paste schema this is quite impossible (as i have to identify what type of item is in the clipboard - doing so by setting a unique dataformat name) But I am already investigating this, And so far I see the trade off being cut and paste of only fully developed Ruleset only being allowed to be pasted in this manner. However, there is a method already built in to cut and paste Rulesets (though it is not visible unless there is a parsing error. (A textbox and button appears under the Name & Comment in the ruleset panel allowing a reparse after editing). Do you want me to make that always available so that you can cut and paste rulesets?

EDIT: If you'd like to see what i mean create a ruleset give it a name, but don't define any rules or actions. Save and then revert... your ruleset window for that ruleset will look a bit different...
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33050

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
What's the best way to post and trade rulesets now? It was very easy before as it was just cut and paste of text.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33051

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Freakeao wrote:
What's the best way to post and trade rulesets now? It was very easy before as it was just cut and paste of text.

Save As..
Then pass the file along to who ever you want to share with...

Also you can still cut and paste text,,, that's why the text view is there...

I'm starting to think there are a few of you who would rather still text edit the files, rather than have the organization options that the GUI provides.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Who's Online

We have 269 guests and 3 members online