Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 4 months ago #39450

• Targg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hey all,

I am having an issue with what I thought would be an easy DM Rule that isn't working correctly. It was working for a bit, but now is broken (likely due to my own ignorance).

Problem: I am looking for a way to preserve the original filename of the comic in the notes field. I have it change to a uniform naming structure using Library Organizer, so it would be a nice reference in case some bit of information gets lost in the renaming/scraping.

Here is the Data Manager rule that I have set up. The first part is likely the problem, since I didn't know how to make it run without a Rule, so I asked it to find any file that doesn't have a blank name. Then I have it add a line (so it doesn't delete the ComicVine info) and print the filename.

<<FileName.Not:>> => <<Notes.Add:'\n' + 'Original Filename: ' + {FileName}>>

As of right now, it is simply printing "none" after the ComicVine scraper note, without making a new line. Any suggestions? I have read through the material, but my technical skills are less than stellar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 4 months ago #39626

• duckpuppy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
In case of series which have a comma in their names, the DataMan changes the comma to ||, due to which it reads the name as two separate series.

e.g. Series like:

Batman, Incorporated
Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

become:

Batman|| Incorporated
Frankenstein|| Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

I'm seeing this as well in the current version of the plugin. I created a New 52 rule set based on 600's tutorial (with further modifications to bring it up to date), but every time I load the configuration page, anything with a comma gets modified the same way. I can edit them in the text box and update the rule (using the multi-line edit dialog won't work), but I have to remember to do that for every rule with a series containing a comma every time I enter the configuration page.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by duckpuppy.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 3 months ago #39712

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I just want to start off by saying hello to all again...I've been off planet for some time, yet now attempting to make a slow comeback. A lot has changed in the CR universe since I last stopped by, including this potentially awesome plugin.

I still need to read the manual to get a full handle on this plugin, yet I wanted to point a possible issue out that may or may not already be known. After installing the plugin and restarting the app, I went to use the plugin after selecting a comic, and I got the error message "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." At first I thought something was completely wrong with the plugin, yet realized it must be just something I'm not doing right since everyone else seems to be using this plugin just fine. I then thought that maybe the plugin needs to be configured first, before I attempt to use it for the first time. So sure enough, there is a configure option for the plugin, so I'll study this first. I just wanted it to be known that a user will get the error if they attempt to use the plugin without first configuring it. So maybe you'll want to catch this error in the next release and have a dialog pop up instead informing the user that they need to configure the plugin before they can actively use the plugin.

Thanks, and great job on the work done here. I look forward to learning just how powerful this plugin can be. :)
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by oraclexview.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 3 months ago #39730

How would you go about adding in the annual issues to these rules?
600WPMPO wrote:
I have posted a new tutorial that uses the DataManager to organize DC's new 52 comics.

Read here: comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/38-tutorials...-new-52-comics#39001

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 3 months ago #39864

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Alright, after many personal interruptions, Data Manager 2.0 is in its final testing phase. Either Friday or Monday at the latest it will be in the hands of the final testers. And barring deal-breaking errors, dropping into the laps of the public soon after.

the new RegEx Value modifiers make the script incredibly flexible, as you can take values from any text field and toss them into (via RegExReplace, RegExVarReplace or RegExVarAppend) any other text field.

Example:
<<Series:RegExReplace.([0-9]*?)>>
<<Series:RegExVarReplace.(?<myCustomField>.*?)>>
<<Series:RegExVarAppend.(?<myCustomField>.*?)>>

new Auto-detect Custom Fields (no more selecting Custom, and then inputting the fieldname) just input a FieldName that the script doesn't handle and it is considered Custom. Not sure of the actual FieldNames handled by the script? they are still available via the DropDown.

Previous:
<<Custom(myCustomField):SetValue.myCustomValue>>
New:
<<myCustomField:SetValue.myCustomValue>>

GroupRulesets now allow you to manage your data via Hierarchy, allowing you to whittle each detail down to exactly the right set of rules you specify for each field, and trimming down repeating/similar ruleset clusters. Even add default values for the entire Group!

Example:
     #@GROUP Image Comics @Comment All Image Comics @FILTERSANDDEFAULTS <<Publisher:Is.ImageComics>> => <<BookStore:SetValue.imagecomics.com>>
     ----#@GROUP [Imprint] Shadowline Comics @Comment Image Shadowline Imprint @FILTERSANDDEFAULTS <<Imprint:Is.Shadowline>> =>
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Gantz, docdoom

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 3 months ago #39865

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
Alright, after many personal interruptions, Data Manager 2.0 is in its final testing phase. Either Friday or Monday at the latest it will be in the hands of the final testers. And barring deal-breaking errors, dropping into the laps of the public soon after.
Great! :woohoo:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 3 months ago #39866

• burnshroom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
:( Noob question alert:

I have not used DM, as I have been OK with my process. However with the new restrictions on CV and scraping, I wonder if DM can be used to whittle down some of my "needs scraping" issues as they may not even be important to what I need to scrape.

In reading 600's tutorials one of the first things mentioned is that library needs to be scraped BEFORE using DM, and honestly by that time I don't really need DM, I just organize my library and move on.

My question is, using the mentioned improvements upcoming would I then be able to search unscraped filenames and based on title and issue # and volume info -- be able to move those files to certain folders if those details meet certain criteria?

If this is the case -- I would love a tutorial on best practices to get DM to accomplish this.

Thanks.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 3 months ago #39867

• Targg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I may be misunderstanding your question, but isn't that the job of the Library Organizer, to move your files to specific folders based upon criteria? The Data Manager isn't meant to do that.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 3 months ago #39868

• burnshroom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Correct, Library Manager does move files after scraping, my intent would be to move certain files to folders PRIOR to scraping, that way I can scrape only those NEED to scrape files as opposed to scraping ALL files then organizing.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 3 years 3 months ago #39869

• duckpuppy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
As far as I know, Library Manager doesn't really need files to be scraped, and neither does DM. It needs metadata for the comics it operates on (since the rules are metadata based), no matter where it comes from. 600's tutorials "require" scraped data because his rules use the ComicVine metadata (the de-facto standard metadata, even if not officially standard), and the easiest way to get that is to use the scraper. If you input your own volume, issue #, title, etc. then DM and LM will work with that too.

My suggestion - use a tag or custom field to denote "unimportant" issues (ones that don't need scraped). I use "NOSCRAPE" as a tag for comics that I don't care to scrape (I'm thinking about switching to a custom field - or even using the comicvine scraper custom fields with "noscrape" as the value, not sure if that will break the scraper). Set up a smartlist to filter those, and periodically run LM on that list to move those comics wherever you want. Then scrape what's left.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Who's Online

We have 204 guests and 9 members online