Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 6 months ago #41952

• drdownload
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm organizing all of my PDF-Magazines with ComicRack (after importing about 1/3 of my Comics). Since there's of course no scraper for this task I wanted to extract Series & Title from the PDFs filename and path.

However If I see correctly I cant do that with CR Datamanager before the 2.0 release`?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 6 months ago #41953

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
depending on the type of magazines, there might be a metadata plug-in for Calibre. Haven't tried any recently. I know it can search by ISBN, but don't know about ISSN. I'm sure it is possible for a scraper to be made for ComicRack, it is just a matter of what source to use.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 5 months ago #42256

• proud_wolf
  • Fresh Boarder
hi guys,

have one question: trying to use DM to update series count (as I'm weak in python). Is there any way to do this? :blush:
I'm using DM 1.2.4 (GUI 1.3.0.r70)

As far as I can see in manual - no aggregate functions are present
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by proud_wolf.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 3 months ago #42524

• johnson_pw
  • Junior Boarder
I really hate how Comic Vine turns annuals into a separate series. I like to have these put into an annuals folder inside the the particular series folder.

Such as E:\Comics\DC Comics\Gotham City\Batgirl\Batgirl (2011)\Annual\

I think I've come up with a solution for DCs New 52 annuals, by taking advantage of 600's Concept Wave.

Using the list here: dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_New_52 You can apply the "proper" volume numbers to the various New 52 annuals by looking at the that particular file's Concept Wave. You end up with something like this:

<<Format.Is:Annual>> <<Publisher.Is:DC Comics>> <<Custom(Concept Wave).Is:Wave 03>> => <<Volume.SetValue:2012.00>>

Then a little change to library organizer puts it in the right directory. But getting the volume number fixed goes a long way to getting it put right.

**Edit**

Naturally I had it working but now it isn't. Trying with fresh files the Concept Wave doesn't get applied to the annuals because the volume isn't right. At least that is what I suspect is happening upon first glance...
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by johnson_pw.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 3 months ago #42568

• proud_wolf
  • Fresh Boarder
try to use DataManager (in particular the string substitution):
i.e.
if series contains Annual -> set Format as 'Annual' and remove 'Annual' from series name

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 3 months ago #42578

• Prandi
  • Fresh Boarder
HI,

I discovered in Data Manager a invaluable help in organize and managing my comics books.

Unfortunately on my Microsoft Surface 3 pro (Windows 8.1) it doesn't work. I can import my old rules from my old PC, but when I run the script I get back an error message ""execution of the script failed!"- "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". :blink:

Can someone help me to solve this big (for me) issue?

Thanks a lot in advance. :)
Attachments:

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 3 months ago #42589

• Rick
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Fantastic plugin and gives so much more control over the library, just wanted to say thanks for creating this and keep up the good work :)

Only noticed one oddity with Regexp replace on a series name, example:

field: series
modifier: regexp replace
value: ^[0-9]{4}
replace:

This should replace the first 4 characters with an empty string for the series named:

0001 series title

Tested with online regexp tester and can't figure why it doesn't work :(
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Rick.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 3 months ago #42592

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Rick wrote:
This should replace the first 4 characters with an empty string for the series named:

I confess I also have issues using Data Manager to clear/set to empty values. Either through regexp or simple rules (usually the occasions have been limited and I have fixed the issue manually). I assume I am doing something wrong.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 2 years 2 months ago #42597

• kingfenix
  • Junior Boarder
So is 2.0 out there somewhere? Still planning to release? If not can one of the "testers" provide a copy for all?

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 11 months ago #43763

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Sorry I've been absent,...

Medical problems.. basically i had a stroke, and I've had to relearn a lot of what i know about coding... right now trying to decipher my code in order to make the final non-working function work. its a good thing i left detailed notes in the source code. I'll try to get this up and runing as soon as possible. I can't seem to contact docdoom and google code is shutting down, so I'll probably make a the package available through some other source.

I'm going to need a few people to volunteer as testers, but they'll have to be vigilant when a new version is needing testing,

Again sorry for the absence and the delay.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kingfenix, 600WPMPO, rmagere, romsnesrom
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds

Who's Online

We have 189 guests and 11 members online