Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 6 months ago #45250

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hmmmm will look into this and find out why that is.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 6 months ago #45251

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
When I load up this version and start using my default profile I am aware the vesion edits the profile to make it compatible. But one of the things it seems to do is place space at the end of every rule so if I had a folder for DC and a ruleset for Gotham it would become "Gotham<Space><Space><Space><Space>" can't remeber how many because I edited them all. I think it is all of the space between the name and the @ marker but I didnt count.
moonwrithe wrote:
One small problem I'm experiencing with 2.01: it doesn't seem to be setting the custom field DataManager.processed anymore. It does when I revert to version 1.2.4.

Yes that's exactly what those spaces are, and for now they are just the way its processed. Version 2.03 will completely phase out the dataman.dat in favor of dataman.xml which will eliminate a lot of textual limitations. For instance the inability to create/modify Custom fields with a "." in it , The current way its processed is dependent upon the initial "." to separate the Field from the Modifier. I admit this is a bug i created when i changed the way custom fields are handled. But i think my way of custom fields is more intuitive, unfortunately its not compatible with the way of recognizing/parsing the textual format.

Note: The ability to write out to xml is already there. So exporting your current Ruleset Collection will be simple by the time 2.03 hits the public eye.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The following user(s) said Thank You: docdoom

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 6 months ago #45255

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
Interestingly when I reinstalled the latest version the added space issue didn't reoccur so it isn't necessarily consistent behaviour.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 6 months ago #45290

• Bigby65
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm using version 2.0.1 right now, and suddenly I'm having issues with some of the processing. It works for all but the rules where I'm using the "Calc" function. I can work around it by doing the same thing manually but I really do like the automation. Thanks for any help. (How can I send you the file? Forum doesn't allow (dot)dat file extensions.)

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 6 months ago #45295

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
(How can I send you the file? Forum doesn't allow (dot)dat file extensions.)
If you zip the file it does allow zip extensions.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by jkthemac.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 6 months ago #45296

• Bigby65
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. Never even thought of that. :blush: Here's the file:

File Attachment:

File Name: bigby65_mydataman.zip
File Size:9 KB

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 6 months ago #45297

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Bigby65 wrote:
I'm using version 2.0.1 right now, and suddenly I'm having issues with some of the processing. It works for all but the rules where I'm using the "Calc" function. I can work around it by doing the same thing manually but I really do like the automation. Thanks for any help. (How can I send you the file? Forum doesn't allow (dot)dat file extensions.)

I got your file and I'm looking into the problem

REPLY:
<<Series.Is:Dark Horse Presents>> <<Volume.GreaterEq:2014>> => <<Series.Calc:{Series} + ', Vol. 3'>>

What are you attempting to do here?
Series isn't a numeric value, and therefore shouldn't be used with Calc.
you dont need to use calc to handle combining with text
this should work.
<<Series.Is:Dark Horse Presents>> <<Volume.GreaterEq:2014>> => <<Series.SetValue:{Series},  Vol. 3>>

Again this is my fault for not explaining the changes in 2.0+.
All text is handled naturally now, (except newline and tab).

I'm still re-examining my code since my stroke to outline differences from 1.2.4. So if you find something that doesn't work as you expect it to, let me know.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 5 months ago #45347

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Bigby65, Did that solve your problem?

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 5 months ago #45351

• Bigby65
  • Fresh Boarder
I'll be checking that as soon as possible. I wasn't aware of the change to the handling of text. Thanks. Sorry I didn't get notified of your reply until today.

Follow-up report: made the changes you suggested and it is working correctly, just as it was in the previous version. Thanks again.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Bigby65. Reason: added information

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 5 months ago #45352

• Silentgray
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I just want to verify that there is no way to convert our 1.2.4 rulesets to be used in 2.0.X. I have been using the sets from both jkthemac (ANAD Marvel stuff) and 600WPMPO (Organizer), but i like to stay on the latest versions of things.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Who's Online

We have 180 guests and 7 members online