Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4

Good News, Even Better News & Bad News not neccesarily in that order. 1 year 4 months ago #45905

T3KN0Gh057 how're things? I know it's been a few weeks since this thread has had any activity, but if you're still working on getting your development environment set up, I'd be happy to help. We can even do a screenhero/google hangouts to share a screen.

For what it's worth, I've been running into the problem where it begins processing, but never actually processes anything. Pulled it off with a fairly simple ruleset too:
#@ VERSION 2.1.0
#Created by CR Data Manager GUI 
#Do Not Edit Manually unless you know what you are doing
# -------------------------------
#@ GROUP File rules
#@ NAME Cover to cover        @ COMMENT 
<<FileName.RegEx:(?i)c2c>> => <<Tags.Add: C2C>>
#@ NAME FCBD        @ COMMENT 
<<FileName.RegEx:(?)fcbd>> => <<Tags.Add: FCBD>>
#@ END_GROUP File rules
#@ GROUP Series Groups
#@ GROUP Image
#@ END_GROUP Image
#@ GROUP Dynamite
#@ END_GROUP Dynamite
#@ END_GROUP Series Groups
#@ END_RULES
#@ NAME Battlestar Galactica Series Group   @ COMMENT 
<<Title.ContainsAllOf:Battlestar Galactica>> => <<SeriesGroup.SetValue:Battlestar Galactica>>
#@ NAME  @ COMMENT 
<<Title.Contains:'68>> => <<SeriesGroup.SetValue:'68>>
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Good News, Even Better News & Bad News not neccesarily in that order. 1 year 4 months ago #45984

I am very much a newbie to the script (and ComicRack in general), but I'm loving what it does. That said, I'm running into a problem with one ruleset that I am sure is my own fault, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The best I can figure is that having a hyphen in a value is screwing things up. Here's what I'm trying:

<<Publisher.Is:DC>> <<Imprint.NotIsAnyOf:Wildstorm, Vertigo, CMX, Paradox Press, Wildstorm WS Signature Series, DC Comics/Majesco Games, Amalgam Comics, 9-11, All-American>> => <<Imprint.SetValue:DC Comics>>

Basically, I'm trying to set the Imprint value of any DC-published comic to "DC Comics" if it is not any other special imprint, ie Wildstorm, Vertigo, CMX, etc. And it is working fine on everything I have tried it for -- except the All-American comics I have set up. In those cases, the script fails to recognize that I have comics with that Imprint value set and then overwrites with DC Comics. I have typed, retyped, and copy-and-pasted directly from the field to make sure my value is spelled exactly the same in both cases and it doesn't make a difference. Is there some other special syntax I should be using? It seems like an odd miss for a very simple rule.

Issues writing custom fields to Notes 1 year 4 months ago #45992

PLEASE IGNORE BELOW -- FINALLY WORKED IT OUT BY DELETING OLD INSTALL FILES

Also having major issues with writing custom values to the Notes field. I was attempting to use the workaround to XML metadata described elsewhere in which I run a ruleset that takes data from my custom fields and adds it (or sets the value) to Notes using {}s and {newline}.

The issues are that, even though I got this to work once, every time I restart the program and script the rule disappears or says it missing parameters. And now when I attempt to rewrite the rule, rather than adding the custom field info to the Notes field the only thing that is added is the word .none.

The ruleset I'm using is: <<Year.Range:1900||2100>> => <<Notes.Add:Indicia Publisher:{Indicia Publisher}{newline}Era:{Era}{newline}Universe:{Universe}{newline}Timeline:{Timeline}>>

What happens is in the screencap.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by phaedrusnyc.

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 3 months ago #46012

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Sorry guys been extremely busy, and extremely tired in the times when i haven't been busy. No excuse, but I'll be posting new version soon (as in today) but I warn it's not fully tested.

Also this version will load all old configurations/rules, but any new saved rules will be pure xml.

Edit:
new version is up now
there is a new page for the 2.xx series:

Data Manager for ComicRack 2.xx Series
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CFry

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 3 months ago #46125

• CFry
  • Fresh Boarder
Wrong thread
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by CFry. Reason: Wrong thread

CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4 1 year 2 months ago #46156

• unrealbe
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if this is the correct topic, but anyone willing to share their latest data manager rules?
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and one member online