Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CR Data Manager - manipulate data based on rules - version 1.2.4

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33075

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I've now finally got some time & am in the process of converting my text based links to the GUI.

I have a suggestion: the Window should be resizable. This is because if the user increases the width of the tree-view sidebar, the ruleset window gets cut-off.

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33076

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
:huh: you shouldn't be able to increase the bar width...ah well i guess i can play with anchors.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33077

• 600WPMPO
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
:huh: you shouldn't be able to increase the bar width...ah well i guess i can play with anchors.
If you altogether wish to restrict window/sidebar resizing, I think the overall size of the subdue must be made larger. And the sidebar should be wide enough to display nested rules & long descriptions without needing horizontal scrolling.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33078

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
If you altogether wish to restrict window/sidebar resizing, I think the overall size of the subdue must be made larger. And the sidebar should be wide enough to display nested rules & long descriptions without needing horizontal scrolling.

and where's the limit on that? If someone wants to write a novel for their Group and rule names......

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33079

• 600WPMPO
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:

and where's the limit on that? If someone wants to write a novel for their Group and rule names......
That's why the window & the sidebar must be resizable, letting each user his own preferred dimensions.

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33080

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:

That's why the window & the sidebar must be resizable, letting each user his own preferred dimensions.

I can give you more width, but anchors are unreliable and it's a pain to caclculate the size of every contol on resize. but I'll try... if i can do it with anchors alone, then I'll let the window be resizable.

You're lucky, it ended up i only had to calculate sizes on one control, and i was feeling generous! :P
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33081

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
well i'd post a temporary drop in solution but it doesn't seem to allow me to attach files

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33082

• 600WPMPO
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
well i'd post a temporary drop in solution but it doesn't seem to allow me to attach files
If you feel inclined, you can upload them somewhere (maybe a Dropbox public link) & post the download code here...

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33097

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Ok guys, thanks!!!!!!!!

I am sure this script could be more awesome, but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: T3KN0Gh057

Re: the CR Data Manager - manipulate data automatically based on rules - version 1.0 4 years 6 months ago #33098

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Gracias mi amigo, Appreciate the compliment.

There will be more improvements to come (many already lined-up)!
and yes i am giving attention to my other endeavor as well.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Who's Online

We have 241 guests and 2 members online