Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper and X from Dark Horse

Re: Comic Vine Scraper and X from Dark Horse 3 years 11 months ago #37796

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Sorry, I did indeed mean Volume 3 :P

It's weird but it's just not working for me. I enter the search term "X-Men" and I get a list that is way too short considering the search term and I find only X-Men volume 1 and 2 as well as Uncanny X-Men.

Is it possible the search results are too long so it gets cut off? Is there a different way to scrape the data for this series? I really don't get it since I've been using the scraper successfully for a long time and it's the first time I run into such a problem :ohmy:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper and X from Dark Horse 3 years 11 months ago #37798

• ArKay
  • Senior Boarder
So far 'X' had been the only series giving me problems and I collect pretty much everything. And the problem was really on CVs side.

Some search terms will give you hundreds of results so I doubt that this a real problem. Searching for X will give you >2500 matches and they are all displayed as far as I can tell so it can't be that. "X-Men" gives me 836 hits. Sorted by year (descending) it's the 10th result from the top for me.

As a workaround for my problem I simply pasted the CV url in the search field.

So in your case that would be www.comicvine.com/x-men/4050-62383/

This should give you 1 result only.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper and X from Dark Horse 3 years 11 months ago #37801

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
Ahhhh, the problem has been solved. Silly me!

I had a complete database corruption a few days ago and reinstalled Comicrack but in doing so, I installed an old version of the scraper script dating back to 2011. With the current version installed, it scraped it without a problem.

Thank you everyone for your kind help and sorry for not noticing this earlier :blush:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Who's Online

We have 244 guests and 3 members online