Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 11 months ago #11586

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
oraclexview wrote:
Sorry for the absence everyone.
Thank you!

Welcome back!!!! We missed you!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 11 months ago #11589

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
oraclexview wrote:
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here since about release 0.9.115 back in January or February of last year...I'm now trying to get back into maintaining my presence regularly again.
:) Warm welcome back oraclexview ! This almost feels like Captain America coming back from the cold !!

Annotations: Cap is oraclexview & the Obama-like guy is cYo :laugh:
oraclexview wrote:
....and study the completed manual!
pssst... Hey Cap, the manual is also online now ! B) Check the link in my signature.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 11 months ago #11595

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Benedict wrote:
There are files in there that have been kicking around for months, through dozens if not hundreds of executions of this script. I've even tried running it from the automation menu on my entire library multiple times, and the SAME files stay stubbornly stuck.

Help please!?!

Sure.

This happens in one of two situations - either you're missing some metadata the scripts needs to run it (for example, on THOSE specific issues, you're missing the publisher or some other important bit), OR, you already have a file with the same exact name at the destination folder. Then it will not move.

Other than that, i've never had the script fail on any of 30000+ files, scraping and rearranging them "often".

fK

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 11 months ago #11599

• 600WPMPO
Ok.. here is a sort-of-a wishlist for the next version (hopefully!) of the Organize files & folders script: :)

1. A GUI would be great

2. An 'Undo' button in case something goes wrong or the user is not happy with the result

3. An option to exclude some folders from the organization process.. this could be helpful in preventing the script from messing up folders where numbered folders are arranged by the user, e.g. crossover folders arranged in a chronology

4. Option to select the directory where the organized folders would be placed

5. A 'Profiles' option, where the user gets to choose whether the script would sort folders as one of many types.. e.g. Publisher-wise, A to Z, Year-wise, etc.

6. Option to add the suffix after the series folders. Currently we get the folders named like Batman (1963 series). The script can also give us the option for changing the suffix, e.g. Batman (DC Comics), Batman (complete) etc.

What say oraclexview !? B)

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 11 months ago #11601

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
forkicks wrote:
Benedict wrote:
There are files in there that have been kicking around for months, through dozens if not hundreds of executions of this script. I've even tried running it from the automation menu on my entire library multiple times, and the SAME files stay stubbornly stuck.

Help please!?!

Sure.

This happens in one of two situations - either you're missing some metadata the scripts needs to run it (for example, on THOSE specific issues, you're missing the publisher or some other important bit), OR, you already have a file with the same exact name at the destination folder. Then it will not move.

Other than that, i've never had the script fail on any of 30000+ files, scraping and rearranging them "often".

fK

@ forkicks - Thanks for jumping in on this one with an excellent response.

@ Benedict - At this point, I'm inclined to agree with forkicks that missing metadata in ComicRack for those particular "stubborn" files is to blame for your issue. Also, it is possible that having files that would result in duplicate names within the same directory would cause those duplicate files to be skipped. I hadn't yet wrote the script to just add the "(2)" tag at the end of the file name like Windows Vista & Windows 7 does like so: "<file name> (2).cbz"

So this weekend, I'm going to try and set aside some study time to head back into the lab and make this script as flawless and as user friendly as possible while at the same time adding all the excellent suggestions than have been requested over the past year.
I want to update it to handle missing data in the most efficient way possible, so right now I'm open to all suggestions for this. I'm also going to try and get it to not skip the files with duplicate names and either rename them as Windows natively does or at least create an exception report for those files that would be skipped.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 11 months ago #11602

• Benedict
  • Fresh Boarder
oh well thats super simple @forkicks and @oraclexview. It is DEFINITELY that, as I usually get four or five different scans of a given comic and then was just going through and deleting all but the "best" one by my own criteria (color, contrast, ad removal, etc). So that is certainly what it is. Cant believe it is so simple.

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 11 months ago #11609

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
600WPMPO wrote:
Ok.. here is a sort-of-a wishlist for the next version (hopefully!) of the Organize files & folders script: :)

1. A GUI would be great

2. An 'Undo' button in case something goes wrong or the user is not happy with the result

3. An option to exclude some folders from the organization process.. this could be helpful in preventing the script from messing up folders where numbered folders are arranged by the user, e.g. crossover folders arranged in a chronology

4. Option to select the directory where the organized folders would be placed

5. A 'Profiles' option, where the user gets to choose whether the script would sort folders as one of many types.. e.g. Publisher-wise, A to Z, Year-wise, etc.

6. Option to add the suffix after the series folders. Currently we get the folders named like Batman (1963 series). The script can also give us the option for changing the suffix, e.g. Batman (DC Comics), Batman (complete) etc.

What say oraclexview !? B)

@ 600WPMPO - LOL @ the Cap reference. I've wanted to add a GUI to this script that was similar to the GUI that's in the Guided Rename script but that's way more user friendly. I like your GUI layout (it's like you read my mind), so I'll incorporate that as well.
So...
1. Was already in the planning, so I think we're all on the same page here.

2. I like this idea, however, this functionality may be beyond my current experience level, so it may take some time for me to get this written into the script. However, I mos def like the idea so it is on the "to be added" list.

3. Also a great idea. I believe I saw yesterday that there is another script here or an added feature of ComicRack that does something similar to this, so I'll also research this to get it added as well.

4. This is already a part of the current script, so it will be a part of the GUI as well.

5 & 6. Like I stated earlier, it's like you read my mind. Your idea is almost exactly how I was planning on handling user preferences for folder/file naming structures, prefixes and suffixes.

ALL great ideas that will be added with only number 2 being the most difficult for me to implement as I'm sitting here trying to visualize the code layout for that part. One way or another though, it'll get done!

Thanks for the awesome feedback!
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 11 months ago #11610

• 600WPMPO
oraclexview wrote:
I've wanted to add a GUI to this script that was similar to the GUI that's in the Guided Rename script but that's way more user friendly. I like your GUI layout (it's like you read my mind), so I'll incorporate that as well.
So...
Thanks for the awesome feedback!
Thanks oraclexview for acknowledging my suggestions.. :)

One important thing I forgot.. Some users (like me, for example) would not like their cbr/cbz files to be renamed. How cool it would be if the script provided an option to just sort the files into folders with/without also renaming the files.. The mock-up here presents this as the Rename option ..

In my opinion this is an essential option, as without it , the script could be used only when the user doesn't mind it changing the filenames.

I hope it won't be difficult for you. :unsure:

Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 10 months ago #11815

• pcvii
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
WB oraclexview.

I'm uploading my modded version of the script. Not much changed. I just like having "- [Title]" on my filenames. Just encase someone else wants to use it.

I noticed that using str() on a string makes it ascii. So error when it gets unicode characters. So I looked the error up and, How to unicode says, unicode() is basically like str(), but for unicode strings. I changed my str()'s to unicode()'s. And no more error. :)

I like those screen shots of 3.0 Look forward to seeing it posted.

I would also like something in the next version to specify what language the comic is in the filename with some abbreviation or something. I modified 2.0 to do this before but i guess you need to add one for each language and I lost that version and haven't felt like redoing it. :)

Like ENG, JPN and SPA or something like that.

Keep up the good work :D
Attachments:

Re: Organize Library Files & Folders 2.0 6 years 10 months ago #11973

• Prandi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi to all,

i discovered this wonderfull script last December and i love it immediatly,
Downloaded it and unpacked it's worked in an amazin way. Unfortunatly my laptop has to be formatted and i reinslled Comicrack; but this time, once i downloaded the script, OLFF doesn't work. I try to unzipp it in the "script" folder of Comicsrack; try to rename the file as *.crplugin but in each case it don't start. It doesn't ask to me even the directory to move organized comics.
I have " Vine scrapped" each comics in my archive and use Windows 7.

Can some one give me some clue to solve my problem?

Thanks to all in advance

Sergio
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds

Who's Online

We have 237 guests and 2 members online