Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Chronowerks Comics Scripts (Kind of..)

Chronowerks Comics Scripts (Kind of..) 8 years 3 months ago #3780

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
Ok, been really busy the last few months with work, life and my attempt to sell transformers on e-bay and use the money to buy more..

(if anyone wants to sell me any drop me a line..)

Anyway, I deceided to have a play with using comicvines api to create a new version of my script, and so far i'm really impressed, especally since it can populate character information, as well as a slew of other really nice information, however i've hit one drawback but its a big one, i can't seem to use the api to search for a particular issue or range within a volume, this is fine for volumes that don't have a lot of data but when i run it for say.. action comics, the script timesout due to the slow response. Does anyone have any ideas to get around this or some experance with the api?

That said it works for a lot of other titles... and i find comicvine to be a great site, especally since they are fine about providing an api, and since the site is geared up to prodive up to date comic info its a really good alternative to the comicbookdb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts (Kind of..) 8 years 3 months ago #3788

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I tried several combinations of resources and filters but couldn't do what you have in mind. I also checked the API forum and others have posted about not being able to do this.

The guy that posted last (mabster) seems to have come to the same conclusion: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/api-developers/2334/a-little-confused-with-the-samples-in-the-docs/394141/#7
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by wadegiles.

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts (Kind of..) 8 years 3 months ago #3793

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
I'm thinking of a way around this, if i get chance I'll upload the modified script and webservice to my site.. you people can give it a whirl. Failing that i'll get my arse in gear and finish my own webdatabase.

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts (Kind of..) 8 years 3 months ago #3825

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
Here is my comic vine based script, works fine with short run series, but times out with larger ones, still a work in progress.

File Attachment:

File Name: Vine.zip
File Size:20 KB
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by greenlanternprime. Reason: attaced file

Re:Chronowerks Comics Scripts (Kind of..) 8 years 3 months ago #3826

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Oh! #~€@##%%&!!!!!

You got it first!

I am working on one myself! But I will not finish it until next week :( ... it is based on your own for your database and the old CBDB one!

Anyway, I will keep working on it and post it. I also have a couple of little scripts to manage tags... I will post them later...

Thanks for the effort!
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

Who's Online

We have 188 guests and 6 members online