Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Comicvine scraper bulk

Comicvine scraper bulk 3 years 10 months ago #38090

• CORRUPT27
  • Fresh Boarder
good day guys,

I love the Comicvine scrapper. It's great but I hate having to sit and watch it search for each book one by one. I was wondering if there is an alternative or at least an enhanced version. I usually do a folder full of comics and have to sit through each comic to approve that it's the correct comic. This works great but I spend a lot of time waiting for the comic to be found. The script is usually really good at finding the comic and the found comic is usually the one I want.

now what I was wondering is there any alternative to the script or maybe an enhanced version that would go through your whole folder or at least the request comics. It would not prompt you to find the comic until the end. The end would be a screen with a list of the comics and the found information. There you would be able to fix the comics that we're wrong and then save the data.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks guys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comicvine scraper bulk 3 years 10 months ago #38094

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
There is a option in the scraper setting that you can turn on that will make the scraper try to automatically identify as many comics as it can. If you're using relatively standard filenames for your comics, this will often be most of them, and then when it's done you just have to confirm the remaining ones manually.

I'm not at home right now so I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it's pretty easy to find.

Also, make sure you're using the latest version of the scraper!

Comicvine scraper bulk 3 years 10 months ago #38096

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Also, if you sort your comics into folders based on series, you can use a cvinfo file to force the scraper to always use a specific series for all the files in that folder:

code.google.com/p/comic-vine-scraper/wiki/AdvancedFeatures

Comicvine scraper bulk 3 years 10 months ago #38099

• CORRUPT27
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply. I am familiar of this feature. I have had issues where the comic was named incorrectly. i just wanted to be able to verify the updated filename and make sure it was correct before excepting.

Anyways i updated to the latest comicvine scrapper and the long time it toke to run no longer exists. So its cool the way it is.

thank you so much

Comicvine scraper bulk 3 years 10 months ago #38116

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
The fantastic cover matching algorithm that Cory recently implemented also helps in your case, as many of the comic covers will automatically match the ones in comicvine and the script will automagically select those rather than stopping and asking you.

fK

Comicvine scraper bulk 3 years 10 months ago #38133

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I had no idea about the CVINFO file. I still have about 20,000 unsorted comics but they ARE in folders. This might be a game changer to finally finish my collection. It's always the last 10% or so that have a c2c or something thrown in there that involve interaction.

Comicvine scraper bulk 3 years 9 months ago #38312

Hi Spynotebook,

I believe I may beable to help with your issue as well. I use a program called advanced renamer to auto sort all my comics as they come in. You can remove patterns such as c2c or put them in brackets which will be ignored by comicvine scraper. It is a fairly easy program to use but let me know if you want me to go into more depth about how I use it.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online

We have 212 guests and 2 members online