Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Any way to filter unscraped comics?

Any way to filter unscraped comics? 3 years 9 months ago #38219

• WraithTDK
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm trying to scrape over 20,000 comics right now, and three times so far I've scraped nearly 15k, and then, when it gets to the point that it can no longer auto identify, and I need to intervene, I've screwed myself over by accidentally hitting the cancel button. Then I have to re-scraped them all. It goes a lot faster, because the scraper recognizes it was scraped using the note it leaves, but it's still a considerable set-back.

Is there a way I can filter my collection and just bring up all teh books that have NOT been scraped?
I am currently reading every Marvel Superhero comic book every printed, in chronological order, and blogging about the milestones, footnotes, and other interesting moments I read at http://www.wraithscomicjourney. I'll be adding DC when I hit 1985, and other companies when they launch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Any way to filter unscraped comics? 3 years 9 months ago #38220

• Moonboi
  • Junior Boarder
I can't guarantee that this is a fool proof way but I made a smartlist for any books where the publisher field is blank. That has worked the best since that is one of the main fields that gets populated during scraping.

Any way to filter unscraped comics? 3 years 9 months ago #38223

• actioncomics
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
i have a smartlist that looks at the "Notes" field for anything that contains "ComicVine". then i make sure the exclamation point is turned on. hope that makes sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WraithTDK

Any way to filter unscraped comics? 3 years 9 months ago #38224

• WraithTDK
  • Junior Boarder
actioncomics wrote:
i have a smartlist that looks at the "Notes" field for anything that contains "ComicVine". then i make sure the exclamation point is turned on. hope that makes sense.

DUDE! That makes TOTAL sense! Why didn't I think of that? Kind of obvious, really. Thank you! +1 Karma to ya! :)
I am currently reading every Marvel Superhero comic book every printed, in chronological order, and blogging about the milestones, footnotes, and other interesting moments I read at http://www.wraithscomicjourney. I'll be adding DC when I hit 1985, and other companies when they launch.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by WraithTDK.
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds

Who's Online

We have 227 guests and no members online