Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [request] Delete pages marked deleted

[request] Delete pages marked deleted 3 years 9 months ago #38380

• WraithTDK
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I would love, love, LOVE a script that actually deletes pages that you mark deleted in CR; even if it only worked with .cbz files. It could change the extension from .cbz to .zip, extract, delete the marked pages, re-zip, and then change the extension back to .cbz.

Doable?
I am currently reading every Marvel Superhero comic book every printed, in chronological order, and blogging about the milestones, footnotes, and other interesting moments I read at http://www.wraithscomicjourney. I'll be adding DC when I hit 1985, and other companies when they launch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[request] Delete pages marked deleted 3 years 9 months ago #38382

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
What you need to do is export the file. This will get rid of pages marked deleted (or any other kind you specify in the export settings). Does exactly what you need.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WraithTDK

[request] Delete pages marked deleted 3 years 9 months ago #38386

• WraithTDK
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Perfect. I think I've almost got my methodology nailed down. Tell me, do you know for sure if all pages are normally tagged (or assumed to be) as "story" by default? I was thinking I could do the following to eliminate all front-page scanner tags (I don't care about back page tags):

1. Create a list called "scanner tags"
2. scroll through all my comic files, looking at the front covers and adding all books with front cover scanner pages to the list
3. When I've gone ever all comics, highlight all books in said list
4. Use the script that tags front page as advertisement and moves it to the back
5. Export all books, with custom settings to maintain file format, location, name, etc.; but to remove all pages marked advertisement
6. Clear list (in case I ever need to use it again)
I am currently reading every Marvel Superhero comic book every printed, in chronological order, and blogging about the milestones, footnotes, and other interesting moments I read at http://www.wraithscomicjourney. I'll be adding DC when I hit 1985, and other companies when they launch.

[request] Delete pages marked deleted 3 years 9 months ago #38390

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Not sure, I've come across a few comics with multiple covers where CR automatically recognized the covers as such. Other than that, I think the rest are marked as story.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Who's Online

We have 213 guests and one member online