Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Fill Series: Fill missing issues in a series with fileless entries

Fill Series: Fill missing issues in a series with fileless entries 3 years 3 months ago #40141

• Caliph
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Fill Series is a plugin that will create fileless entries with covers and metadata info for all missing issues for every series you selected. This makes finding missing issues a snap. You don't have to select every comic in the series to start, just one or half or all will give the same result.

Requires Comic Vine Scraper already be installed and configured with your own API key, tested with version 1.0.83 and up

It requires all comics to be scraped with a newer version of Comic Vine Scraper - if you have the custom values comicvine_issue and comicvine_volume you are all set.

This is a much improved version of my earlier script. Now that ComicVineScraper requires you to enter your own API key I no longer have to replace files and Fill Series can be it's own standalone plug in that loads your already installed CVS files and settings.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Arkane, sykoone, lahonda_99

Fill Series: Fill missing issues in a series with fileless entries 3 years 3 months ago #40144

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Thank you! Fully compatible with a summary screen at completion. Works perfectly.

Fill Series: Fill missing issues in a series with fileless entries 3 years 3 months ago #40147

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
This is a great improvement, nice.

I'd really like a variation that, instead of adding fileless entries, just dumps the list of missing issues out to a text file or something like that. Any chance of that?

Fill Series: Fill missing issues in a series with fileless entries 3 years 3 months ago #40157

• Caliph
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
There are other utilities that write out to text files I believe. You could also use this one, select all fileless entries, and then right click to export the list using Comicrack to get a csv file of everything.

I like to generate the fileless to see what I need then use the DuplicatesManager to clean them up when I have a real comic that can replace it.

Fill Series: Fill missing issues in a series with fileless entries 1 year 4 months ago #45798

• lahonda_99
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Caliph, I like the concept of your plugin, but it is creating file-less entries even when the accompanying issue already exists. I have attached a screenshot. Issue 10 already exists on disk, but the script created a file-less entry for it anyway. Issue 15 is missing and the script correctly created the file-less entry. All of the books were scraped with the ComicVine scraper.

Comicvine scraper1.0.92
Fill Series0.3

Fill Series: Fill missing issues in a series with fileless entries 1 year 4 months ago #45880

• wmwadeii
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Does this also look at the CV DB to determine the last issue in the series? This is more what I have issues with as I already use the built in gaps function in CR.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Who's Online

We have 244 guests and 5 members online