Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper and Metadata

Comic Vine Scraper and Metadata 3 years 1 month ago #40733

• CORRUPT27
  • Fresh Boarder
Good Day Guys,

I have been using comic rack for awhile now. But i have never used the library. I never added my comic folders to comic rack mostly due to the fact that they are stored in 2 different external hard drives.

So all this time i have been using comic vine scraper and was thinking that the cbr/cbz files were getting updated with metadata and it seems that i was wrong. What am i doing that is incorrect?

I usually have a temp folder holding files that need to be organized. I then open the folder in comicrack and run the comic vine scraper. This seems to update all the metadata. I then run the organizing script and this moves the files into the hard drive and the correct folders. I thought that the individual files' metadata was getting updated also. It seems that i am wrong.

Today i decided to add the hard drive into the library and no metadata seems to be updated.

What is the correct method to update metadate?
thank you for the help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper and Metadata 3 years 1 month ago #40735

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
You have to turn on a special setting to get the metadata to be saved into your comic files. See here:

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/7-general/21...ong-hard-slog-#21607

Once you turn on that setting, it should write each comic's metadata out to its backing file whenever the metadata for that comic changes. So If you already have a bunch of scraped comics, you might be able to "force" all your metadata to be written out by bulk editing some unused metadata field in all your comics (thus triggering all of them to write out their metadata to their files.)

Of course, once the setting is turned on, any future comics that you scrape will always have their metadata written out into the comic file.

Remember, cbz comics are really just simple zip files, so if you want to confirm that the metadata is in the cbz file, you can just rename with a ".zip" extensions and then open it up to look inside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Who's Online

We have 289 guests and 3 members online