Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Request: a simple script that shows how many issue are out

Request: a simple script that shows how many issue are out 2 years 5 months ago #42404

• jsmith
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings,
Newbie to comic rack. Just downloaded my first script (Comic Vine Scraper). Perhaps I am missing it with this script but is there a way to check how many issues are currently out for a series? If not is there another script that does this?

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Request: a simple script that shows how many issue are out 2 years 5 months ago #42407

• sensei6375
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
There is no script that does it 100% but I use the script FillSeries. You will need to input your API key that you use for the ComicVine script. Just select the series you want to check and click on the script button. It will then pull from ComicVine and create a fileless entry for any missing comics for that series.
A few things you should know:

1. This has the same limitation on hits to the ComicVine API as the scraper has so once you hit their server limit it will popup with an error message. Just wait about 15 minutes and try again on the same set and it will recheck them.
2. This depends on ComicVine so if the submitters have not input all the issues for a series you will not have all the comics in your library. You can check other sources to find out if any issues are missing and input them yourself to ComicVine and rerun the FillSeries script to pull the missing issues you input or manually create a fileless entry yourself. Newer/Ongoing series should be pretty current
3. You can scrape fileless entries just like normal comics so you can organize them in your library with real comics.
4. The FillSeries script pulls the thumbnail from ComicVine when it creates an entry so be careful. These can quickly add up and eat up your HD space. So if you want to keep the thumbnails you will need to move your Appdata location to a HD with enough space. Or do what I do and just delete the thumbnails. Since it is just a fileless entry I don't need to see the cover as I just delete them when I get the real comic.

Here is my modified workflow of The Organizer workflow by 600WPMPO for adding new comics:

1. Convert to cbz.
2. Scrape the cbz files.
3. Add scanner info.
4. Process any skipped comics from the Scraper.
5. Run through the new comics with the Fill Series script.
6. Scrape the new fileless entries.
7. Update any missing info from the Scraper like Volume # and Year Published.
8. Run DataManager script.
9. Delete duplicates.
10. Run the Library Organizer script.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezmu
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Who's Online

We have 246 guests and 3 members online