Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [REQUEST] Better Open With

[REQUEST] Better Open With 2 years 1 month ago #43257

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker
Been a long time since I was active here, but I've recently gotten back into eComics

I vaguely recall having ComicRack set up to open comics with an outside program way back in 2008-09 or so, but I think I'm just misremembering.

As it is, I still prefer using external programs for actual viewing of comics, just due to some small things that the internal reader doesn't handle quiet right for me. One of the biggesting being ESC to exit, but others being speed and responsiveness on some of the machines I view and edit on. As well as other tiny things like scroll behavior and feel etc; just minor things. I still like the ComicRack reader for sessions of reading, but when quickly doing stuff I prefer outside readers.

Anyways, I saw that there is an old Open With script that works with right-click and then selecting it from the automation submenu. But what I would really want is the ability to open with an outside program by default.
As I write this I realized that a script most likely can't actually do this, as script need to be invoked... but rather than ctrl+a del this post, I will keep it here.

I think I've been clear on what I am actually looking for. Guess it wouldn't be so much a script request than it is a feature request however.
Everytime you click an ad, a cYo gains its wings.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[REQUEST] Better Open With 2 years 1 month ago #43315

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
+1 for this. It would be great if ComicRack could be configured to use the system settings for default programs.
I've used the Automation>Open With... script for launching 7-Zip and other apps to look at a specific issue but the fact that double-clicking pops up the CR reader when the OS is configured to use CDisplayEx or YACReader is frustrating.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Who's Online

We have 291 guests and 5 members online