Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [MOD] Import tags from filename with regular expressions

[MOD] Import tags from filename with regular expressions 1 year 11 months ago #44210

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
The point is, the regex is non standard. If it works for one thing that is all well and good, but it can't be expected to work everywhere unless you standardise it.

Using OR is very inefficient anyway, but using it this way won't even work with some regex implementations. I am surprised it works anywhere.

I am not sure anyone is still working on this script in ernest, thats up to freMea. Most users use Priat, and that dosen't work properly for complex regex commands anyway.

You may be able to rewrite the regex to make Priat accept it if you chage how the OR is used. The advantage of Priat is it will fill in whichever fields are available.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[MOD] Import tags from filename with regular expressions 1 year 11 months ago #44211

• misakitchi
  • Senior Boarder
You use Priat?
Have you "?" when no info too?

[MOD] Import tags from filename with regular expressions 1 year 11 months ago #44218

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I have played with it only, and found it to have a very restrcitive implementation of Regex, but it uses Reflection to access the available database fields so it will literally fill any field.

I have found the easiest thing to do with Priat is to use a number of simpler regex expressions rather than a one fits all approach. You can easily switch between expressions and select all of the books that the expression matches.

[MOD] Import tags from filename with regular expressions 1 year 10 months ago #44409

• Tom2112
  • Fresh Boarder
I thought I was loosing my mind because for the life of me, I couldn't get my regex to recognize my file's Day field...
Then I realized that the script only supports month and year, not day.

Is there any chance that Day tag support can be added?

I know it's probably not very useful for comics, but I'm not using ComicRack for comics, I'm using for a huge database of image sets and the dates are kinda important.

Thanks!

[MOD] Import tags from filename with regular expressions 1 year 10 months ago #44411

• freMea
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Sorry, I have currently no time for scripting. Try to mod yourself.

[MOD] Import tags from filename with regular expressions 1 year 10 months ago #44412

• Tom2112
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm a noob as far as CR plugins go. How do I unpack the plugin so I can get to the code?
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Who's Online

We have 280 guests and 3 members online