Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts)

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value 1 year 5 months ago #45463

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
Script ideas.

If you are going to categorise based on existing database entries the most useful field would be comicvine_volume, because once that has been set, scraping becomes very easy and I presume has lower overheads on the API. Of course the biggest problem would be when two volumes exist in the same year with the same volume name.

My dream script is one that can auto fill replacement entries with the data from existing entries. Imagine you have 25 new entries all within a single volume and you want to replace the existing issues with them. Currently you either need to do a lot of cut and paste, or you need to scrape the new issues and use Library organiser to overwrite them (which means you will loose custom fields, and your own corrections). One way around this would be to automatically replace the file reference with the new files.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value 1 year 5 months ago #45464

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 101
I totally agree... But sometimes a comic change its series name during its publication... Usually details... As "The Mighty Thor" vs "Mighty Thor"... or "The Fury of The Firestorm" vs "The Fury of the Firestorm"... and while it is mostly the same... as I automatically order my comic files by comicvine values, they end up in different folders... That's way I found that smart list option useful XD

What I am always trying to do is that any time I, by chance, found an error in my comic library order... I try to make a smart list that warn me if there are others mistakes like that... so that everytime I add a comic, I don't make the same mistakes...

The problem is that me being a bit order obsessive, I ended up with more than 20 smart lists and counting... and I had to begin doing my own scripts for some types of mistakes I couldn't find with the default tools XD

I am always also working in ways of making it automatic... so that it doesn't takes me so much time to add new comics... (and with less human mistakes) - as I add every week all comics of marvel and dc to my collection... it sometimes get a bit messy
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Xelloss.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 1 year 2 weeks ago #46236

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure if you are inclined to keep working on this but I have run into some problems when X includes Series and the Series contains encoded characters like single quotes/apostrophes, superscripted characters like ² , ö, ø etc.

My guess is the script give a false match when a character encoding overflow is thrown up.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by jkthemac.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 1 year 1 day ago #46352

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
This script is great! Thanks. It found a ton of issues with the issues in my collection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 1 year 1 day ago #46355

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
Not sure if you are inclined to keep working on this but I have run into some problems when X includes Series and the Series contains encoded characters like single quotes/apostrophes, superscripted characters like ² , ö, ø etc.

My guess is the script give a false match when a character encoding overflow is thrown up.

Sorry, I just saw this post.

I am sure it has something to do with characters encoding (something I fixed in my custom values script that I made after this one, but never in this one), I will check it when I have some time :)
boshuda wrote:
This script is great! Thanks. It found a ton of issues with the issues in my collection.

Thanks! I am glad you found it useful!
Last Edit: 1 year 1 day ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkthemac

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 1 year 1 day ago #46356

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
It is notable that this script has been the solution for two recent help queries. Both of whom were delighted by the script.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 1 year 1 day ago #46357

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Could you give me some examples as what the problems with "special characters" are? So I can test if it is fixed.

I am trying to replicate the error, but I can't find an example of the problem...

You are talking about a false match (two different series matched as the same)? an unrecognised match (two same series not matched) ? and error message (in the console or in a text box)? rare behaviour in case some series has it?

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 1 year 1 day ago #46359

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Sure.
Gødland Finale (Strangely not Gødland)
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Doctor Who: Assimilation²
Father’s Day
Ragnarök
The 7ᵗʰ Sword

When X= Series|Volume and Y= Count, these come up for no reason.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 1 year 1 day ago #46360

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Just wanted to add that this script is great.
Haven't had a chance to use it yet (have been away/busy) but I can see it resolving a few issues I have.
Thank you

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 1 year 1 day ago #46361

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
Sure.
Gødland Finale (Strangely not Gødland)
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Doctor Who: Assimilation²
Father’s Day
Ragnarök
The 7ᵗʰ Sword

When X= Series|Volume and Y= Count, these come up for no reason.

It's strange... that doesn't happen to me...

Try this version and see if it resolves the issue... (I added some unicode lines, but I can't test if this fix the issue because it didn't happen to me in the first place)
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Who's Online

We have 167 guests and 6 members online