Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts)

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46363

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 62
I think your script is mature enough to package it:
comicrack.cyolito.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?...oping_scripts_basics under Packaging and Deploying.

Just include the Package.ini file in your zip, and rename the .zip to .crplugin. Then ComicRack can install it for you, rather than requiring manually copying the .py file to the appropriate directory.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46364

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 94
I will do it as soon as I fix this bug :)

The truth is this script was just an experiment I was doing... 90% of my effort was in my other script (the auto populate values script) and I was just planning to package that one XD

But now that I see people are more interested in this one, I will package it, of course!
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Xelloss.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46365

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 62
I think that's how all scripts start, lol. You need to do something to make your life easier, and eventually you realize it would be useful to give it to other people. Then you look at your code and have a heart attack that someone else might read it.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46366

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
boshuda wrote:
I think that's how all scripts start, lol. You need to do something to make your life easier, and eventually you realize it would be useful to give it to other people. Then you look at your code and have a heart attack that someone else might read it.

Deleting the lines where I searched for cousin numbers just for fun (?) hahaha

I try to comment and make my code as readable as I can when I am going to upload it, however as my knowledge of python is "cutting pieces of codes from other scripts and modifying them till they do what I want" (I had never used python before XD) I am sure I can make any real programmer ave a heart attack all the same by reading it:P

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46374

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
Xelloss wrote:
jkthemac wrote:
Sure.
Gødland Finale (Strangely not Gødland)
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Doctor Who: Assimilation²
Father’s Day
Ragnarök
The 7ᵗʰ Sword

When X= Series|Volume and Y= Count, these come up for no reason.

It's strange... that doesn't happen to me...

Try this version and see if it resolves the issue... (I added some unicode lines, but I can't test if this fix the issue because it didn't happen to me in the first place)

Thanks but yes. the problem still happens. To replicate make a fileless entry and make comicvine_issue 436250 & comicvine_volume 69879.

Scrape it, then use this ruleset:
Name "Of"
Match [User Scripts] Same X and different Y "Series|Volume" "Count"

The fileless entry should be a false match
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by jkthemac.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46375

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I did what you mentioned and it doesn't give me the comic as a result...

I don't know where could be the problem... I am using Windows 10 and last Comicrack version... you?

postimg.org/image/obm2fp94t/
postimg.org/image/i2rewgaur/

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46376

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Only difference is using Windows 7 pro

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46377

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
The worst part is that my algorithm first makes groups with comics with the same "whatever", and then only give as a result groups with more than 1 comic (it also filters the ones that don't have the "whatever y" difference after that). So it should NEVER give a comic alone as a result... even if the comparision fails... (unless it group it with other comics bacause e bad comparision...)

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46378

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
let me try and remove every other hit so that I can see if it is matching any other problematic file.

CreateBookList Custom Scrips "options" value (and some of my beta scripts) 11 months 3 weeks ago #46379

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Wait, I think I found the error.

I created a copy of the comic, with a different count, and it appears in my list. BUT, even when I change the series name (a letter) it still appears.

It makes me think that any text with a special character is grouped in the same group... ("any text with an special character is the same text")

I will try to see where is the problem now!

edit: Ok, I confirmed what I thought was correct, any text with an "special character" in it, is "viewed" as the same text by the script. It must have something to do with unicode in strings and Python, I will try to solve this bug.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Who's Online

We have 266 guests and one member online