Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Huge Scripts folder

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 5 months ago #45678

• Marv74br
  • Fresh Boarder
I use only the Comic Vine Scraper (1.0.92) and the Library Organizer (2.1.11)
jkthemac wrote:
Marv74br wrote:
They are identical to the ones on the library to every single byte.

Interesting. Which scripts are you running? Would you have used Export Books on all of them for example?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 5 months ago #45680

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I guess a simple experiment would be to run these scripts and see if that add those books to the folder in question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marv74br

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 5 months ago #45681

• Marv74br
  • Fresh Boarder
Using it normally since, the folder in question is still empty.
jkthemac wrote:
I guess a simple experiment would be to run these scripts and see if that add those books to the folder in question.

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 5 months ago #45682

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
Marv74br wrote:
I use only the Comic Vine Scraper (1.0.92) and the Library Organizer (2.1.11)
jkthemac wrote:
Marv74br wrote:
They are identical to the ones on the library to every single byte.

Interesting. Which scripts are you running? Would you have used Export Books on all of them for example?
Of the two my Library Organizer is the mostly likely culprit since it moves comic books around. However, it does not use any cache folders and moves things directly. The only way I can think that could happen is if it was set to copy to it's own folder. Or perhaps if the destination folder path was not set it might do that.

The only time that LO send a cbr into a different location is when overwriting as this sends it to the Recycle Bin. Perhaps that functionality doesn't work in Windows 10? I do not currently have any PCs on Windows 10 so I cannot test this behavior.

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 5 months ago #45683

• jumpr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Hi
  • Thank you received: 4
Not a Win 10 issue or Library organizer. I remember this happening several years ago to me and others.... I cant remember the CAUSE of the problem exactly but a quick search of the forums for "virtualstore" showed two other topics that mentioned this prob a year ago. You can try starting CR as admin and create a shortcut to that folder to check it periodically, I believe it will only occur when converting files to .cbz. The files can be deleted with no issue

UPDATE;
Just checked my sys and I have 7 .tmp files in virtualstore scripts folder. I left it open while running CR and as CR was writing info to a file that file showed up as .tmp then got erased when it was finished so.. Perhaps the files that are staying are there because I canceled user tasks while it was writing info?
Still cant hurt to create a shortcut to that folder to check periodically
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by jumpr.

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 5 months ago #45686

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
@jumper
But what you are describing is a Win 10 issue. The only reason Windows would choose to use that folder is because a program it is trying to use a different folder but the permissions of the folder won't allow it. So instead windows creates a new folder within virtual store to temporarily keep the file so it doesn't get deleted or force a permission error.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by jkthemac.

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 5 months ago #45689

• jumpr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Hi
  • Thank you received: 4
@jkthemac:

Seems legit.. I didn't mean to imply it couldn't be an OS issue, just that It wasnt specific to windows 10 as I do not currently have that OS nor did I six or so years ago when this problem first reared its head. I was just trying to spitball and narrow down the problem a bit.

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 5 months ago #45690

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
jkthemac wrote:
@jumper
But what you are describing is a Win 10 issue. The only reason Windows would choose to use that folder is because a program it is trying to use a different folder but the permissions of the folder won't allow it. So instead windows creates a new folder within virtual store to temporarily keep the file so it doesn't get deleted or force a permission error.

As jumpr stated this is not just part of Windows 10. Though I've never personally come across this issue, even when converting files to cbz, Windows 7 does also have the VirtualStore directory within a user's AppData directory.

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 4 months ago #45698

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
I think my accusations about Windows 10 are being misconstrued. Yes a similar process is applicable to earlier versions of windows but what has happened in Windows 10 is a very high number of people across many uses and programs have been having folder permission issues that have caused problems.

In theory a program should have access to its own settings folder. That just stands to reason. If the operating system is declaring a settings folder as out of bounds for reading and writing temporary files, and the program isn't doing anything unusual then the issue is with the operating system.

Huge Scripts folder 1 year 4 months ago #45701

• Marv74br
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having permission and parameter issues with a WHOLE drive... some files it let copy/move, others don't. Can't format it and can't solve it. Really annoying. Error 0x80070057.
jkthemac wrote:
I think my accusations about Windows 10 are being misconstrued. Yes a similar process is applicable to earlier versions of windows but what has happened in Windows 10 is a very high number of people across many uses and programs have been having folder permission issues that have caused problems.

In theory a program should have access to its own settings folder. That just stands to reason. If the operating system is declaring a settings folder as out of bounds for reading and writing temporary files, and the program isn't doing anything unusual then the issue is with the operating system.
Time to create page: 0.616 seconds

Who's Online

We have 283 guests and 7 members online