Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: comicbookdb.com Scrapper

comicbookdb.com Scrapper 1 year 4 months ago #45746

• seym56
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Has anyone made a scrapper based on Comic Book DB? The database URL is - www.comicbookdb.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

comicbookdb.com Scrapper 1 year 4 months ago #45791

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
You would have to do a search to be sure -- I'm too lazy -- but I believe their TOS forbids using their data in the way that would be required.

comicbookdb.com Scrapper 1 year 4 months ago #45792

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
I guess if you search on these here forums there is some information indicating the maintainers explicitly don't want an API.

From ComicBbookDB ToS:

License and Site Access
ComicBookDB.com grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of ComicBookDB.com. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of ComicBookDB.com. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents or any derivative use of this site or its contents.

Robots and Screen Scraping: You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on this site, except with our express written consent.

Framing: You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of ComicBookDB.com without express written consent.

comicbookdb.com Scrapper 1 year 4 months ago #45793

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
There's probably a rule against posting like this, but all my fucks flew away and I have none left to give...

So, anyway, a quick search of the ComicBookDB Forum shows there aren't any plans and 'Chris' has explicitly stated in the past he doesn't want one.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Who's Online

We have 284 guests and 3 members online