Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 5 months 2 days ago #47577

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
You are giving me added functionality for free and it is much appreciated. No need to apologise for timescales.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 5 months 10 hours ago #47585

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
jkthemac wrote:
You are giving me added functionality for free and it is much appreciated. No need to apologise for timescales.

glad you're so patient since I've decided on a major re-code (finished already) which will require me to write update routines.

Also, I removed all the "Not" rule modifiers, and instead added the ability to invert rules. I did this to clean up a lot of unnecessary functions and make code cleaner.
Last Edit: 5 months 10 hours ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 4 months 4 weeks ago #47588

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
By update routines do you mean to change the rules to work with the new version?

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 4 months 4 weeks ago #47589

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
By update routines do you mean to change the rules to work with the new version?

exactley what i mean.

LessEq and GreaterEq are gone and need to be changed to an inversion of Greater and Less (if its less than or equal to then its not greater, etc)
Then as I said all the Not functions need to be changed (example NotContains becomes an inversion of Contains) the conversion is pretty simple I know, but thanks to the (arguable) failings of the trace in python and the lack of active edit and continue (and for some reason i have to restart comic rack after every change instead of touching the main file to force a reload), I have to make sure i dot every 'i' and cross every 't' and mind my p's and q's. that and while i can code at a decent rate, the inter-dependencies of the functions start to get muddled and I've developed a slight case of Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (diagnosed) since my medical problems. I can do the job, I'm just slow at it.

The good news is after this change everything else (barring no bugs present themselves) will be a piece of cake. Also the configuration editor is going purely python, very soon. Been working on this for months.

BTW: Anyone wondering about that "ContainsAllOf" bug that was stopping execution of the script, it magically went away after I split the List Functions from the text functions.
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The following user(s) said Thank You: docdoom, jkthemac

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 4 months 3 weeks ago #47592

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
While you are engaged in such an overhaul can I request changed functionality to how default profiles work. Currently there is absolutely no difference between any type of rule set because it has to be the default in order to execute. That means you have lots of extra options for loading and saving but they are not actually being used. You may be confused by this request because you are not seeing the wood for the trees perhaps, but a default rule set should be just that. What it defaults to when you don't have a rule-set loaded up to run.

What you have to do to use a separate set of rules right now is save your current default rules as something else to ensure you don't loose them, load a new rule set, save it as default, run it, load the old default set, save it as default. That is illogical.

I would suggest when you load a rule set you should be able to execute it there and then and once you close the editor the default one gets reloaded.

In an ideal world, when clicking the arrow, below the 'Configure...' a list of other rulesets appeared below, that you could execute immediately, and the default would be for when just clicking the icon.

Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by jkthemac.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 4 months 3 weeks ago #47595

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
While you are engaged in such an overhaul can I request changed functionality to how default profiles work. Currently there is absolutely no difference between any type of rule set because it has to be the default in order to execute. That means you have lots of extra options for loading and saving but they are not actually being used. You may be confused by this request because you are not seeing the wood for the trees perhaps, but a default rule set should be just that. What it defaults to when you don't have a rule-set loaded up to run.

What you have to do to use a separate set of rules right now is save your current default rules as something else to ensure you don't loose them, load a new rule set, save it as default, run it, load the old default set, save it as default. That is illogical.

I would suggest when you load a rule set you should be able to execute it there and then and once you close the editor the default one gets reloaded.

In an ideal world, when clicking the arrow, below the 'Configure...' a list of other rulesets appeared below, that you could execute immediately, and the default would be for when just clicking the icon.

Actually, this is why i started the major re-write to make profiles work more like in Library Organizer. When executing it will ask which profiles to use before running allowing you to apply a single or multiple profiles in one go.This will also make it easier for me to institute downloadable profiles in the repository.

I was going to save that reveal, though. Oh well, now the cat's out of the bag.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Surfal666

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 4 months 3 weeks ago #47599

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Well it is good news, although I am not a fan of the way Library Organiser specifically does this. That breaks a few key user interface rules, like asking for input when most times no input is required, or making multiple selections an implied default when most of us use one set of rules and only occasionally use others.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 4 months 3 weeks ago #47600

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
Well it is good news, although I am not a fan of the way Library Organiser specifically does this. That breaks a few key user interface rules, like asking for input when most times no input is required, or making multiple selections an implied default when most of us use one set of rules and only occasionally use others.

well you will be able to set active/inactive defaults when making/editing your profiles. And those will be default when one runs a Quick Run (the default option) of DataManager. You'll see, I have my gripes with library organizer as well, and I'm trying to avoid those pitfalls.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 4 months 3 weeks ago #47603

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
This will also make it easier for me to institute downloadable profiles in the repository.
Oh man - you dont know how bad I wanted this. I've got ~6200 rules in my default profile now, and I suspect that I'm not the only obsessive guy out here. Crowdsourcing things like series metadata will be so much easier...

You totally rock.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 4 months 3 weeks ago #47604

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Surfal666 wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
This will also make it easier for me to institute downloadable profiles in the repository.
Oh man - you dont know how bad I wanted this. I've got ~6200 rules in my default profile now, and I suspect that I'm not the only obsessive guy out here. Crowdsourcing things like series metadata will be so much easier...

You totally rock.
6200! That does sound just a little bit obsessive.

What are you thinking in regards to crowdsourcing? I have considered making rules that compact wider data into the xml file, but distributing them in a way that can easily be applied to multiple files is a little more tricky. That would certainly require a specific script to strip out data and compile it, and then to distribute it.

I have often thought this would be a good idea for reading lists. Allowing a way to get all of the data from one database to another, and providing us with a standardised way of dealing with reading lists that didn't rely upon ordered lists or smart lists.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Who's Online

We have 167 guests and 6 members online