Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46060

  • T3KN0Gh057
  • T3KN0Gh057's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 407
  • Thank you received: 114
  • Karma: 27
CFry wrote:
I've tried this a few ways now and can't get it to hit. The actual field is Alternate Series.
|<<Title.Contains:{AlternateSeries}>> <<Series.Contains:{AlternateSeries}>> => <<AlternateSeries.SetValue:>>

An example would be a title of "Exiled Part Two" and Alternate Series of Exiled.

Error found and fixed will be in next release later today.

Edit: As you probably can already tell new version is going to be a little late.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46066

  • jkthemac
  • jkthemac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 784
  • Thank you received: 267
  • Karma: 56
Thanks so much for working on this again. With the filter bug fixed I can finally start building a more efficient set of rules for my workflow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46067

  • T3KN0Gh057
  • T3KN0Gh057's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 407
  • Thank you received: 114
  • Karma: 27
jkthemac wrote:
Thanks so much for working on this again. With the filter bug fixed I can finally start building a more efficient set of rules for my workflow.

Thanks for being appreciative. I don't need to be pat on the back. My reason for maintaining and improving this script is because it makes it easier for me to maintain my collection of comics, I just figure as long as I'm modifying and [In my opinion] improving on it i might as well share. But its nice to know that my work is appreciated publicly. So being appreciative is an extra ego boost that keeps me willing to share.


EDIT: New version up on first post

EDIT 2: I'll take it that almost two days without comment means everything's working smoothly, either that or Wednesday will tell more accurately.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CFry, johnson_pw, DeadshotOmega

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46084

  • jkthemac
  • jkthemac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 784
  • Thank you received: 267
  • Karma: 56
There still seems to be a problem with Tags. For example I have a rule that checks for Tags containing the entry TPB and updates the format which hangs if the conditions are met:
#@ VERSION 
#Created by CR Data Manager GUI 
#Do Not Edit Manually unless you know what you are doing
# -------------------------------
#@ GROUP TPB
# -------------------------------
#@ NAME Digital TPB @ COMMENT 
<<Tags.Contains:TPB>> <<Format.Is:Digital>> => <<Format.SetValue:Digital TPB>>
#@ END_GROUP TPB
# -------------------------------
#@ END_RULES
# -------------------------------
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46086

  • jkthemac
  • jkthemac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 784
  • Thank you received: 267
  • Karma: 56
More of an error catch than a bug, but this NotStartsWithAnyOf list with only one entry hangs the system:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<collection version="2.3.1">
  <ruleset name="Starts " rulesetmode="AND">
    <rule field="Series" modifier="NotStartsWithAnyOf" value="Captain" />
    <action field="SeriesGroup" modifier="SetValue" value="dummy" />
  </ruleset>
  <disabled name="Disabled" comment="Disabled Groups and Rulesets">
    <filtersanddefaults rulesetmode="AND" />
  </disabled>
</collection>
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46088

  • T3KN0Gh057
  • T3KN0Gh057's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 407
  • Thank you received: 114
  • Karma: 27
jkthemac wrote:
More of an error catch than a bug, but this NotStartsWithAnyOf list with only one entry hangs the system:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<collection version="2.3.1">
  <ruleset name="Starts " rulesetmode="AND">
    <rule field="Series" modifier="NotStartsWithAnyOf" value="Captain" />
    <action field="SeriesGroup" modifier="SetValue" value="dummy" />
  </ruleset>
  <disabled name="Disabled" comment="Disabled Groups and Rulesets">
    <filtersanddefaults rulesetmode="AND" />
  </disabled>
</collection>

quickfix:
In the file dmClasses.py find
return not StartsWithAnyOf(book)
and change to:
return not self.StartsWithAnyOf(book)

will be fixed in next release
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46089

  • T3KN0Gh057
  • T3KN0Gh057's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 407
  • Thank you received: 114
  • Karma: 27
jkthemac wrote:
There still seems to be a problem with Tags. For example I have a rule that checks for Tags containing the entry TPB and updates the format which hangs if the conditions are met:
#@ VERSION 
#Created by CR Data Manager GUI 
#Do Not Edit Manually unless you know what you are doing
# -------------------------------
#@ GROUP TPB
# -------------------------------
#@ NAME Digital TPB @ COMMENT 
<<Tags.Contains:TPB>> <<Format.Is:Digital>> => <<Format.SetValue:Digital TPB>>
#@ END_GROUP TPB
# -------------------------------
#@ END_RULES
# -------------------------------

quickfix:

in file dmClasses.py find
    def Contains(self, book):
        """Only applicable with string and list"""
        if dmGlobals.TraceFunctionMessages: print 'Method: dmRule:Contains(book)'
        
        getValue = self.GetFieldValue(book, self.Field) #get Value from book
        compareValue = self.FieldConvert(self.ReplaceReferenceStrings(self.Value, book), self.Field)  #value to compare

change:
compareValue = self.FieldConvert(self.ReplaceReferenceStrings(self.Value, book), self.Field)  #value to compare
to:
compareValue = self.ReplaceReferenceStrings(self.Value, book)  #value to compare

also fixed in next release
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkthemac

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46094

  • jkthemac
  • jkthemac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 784
  • Thank you received: 267
  • Karma: 56
Thanks once again.
I have a more broad question as to your implementation of saving and loading rule sets.

While changing rules and making test rules I often run into issues with loosing them. The problem is remembering if you have previously saved the previous default ruleset before you get around to saving the current one. Maybe one way around this would be to automatically save a date and time stamped default rule set whenever the user selects 'save as default' so that you have an automatic history.

But, to me it seems counter intuitive to give such a special case to a default rule set rather than whichever rule set you happen to have loaded. It would make more sense to me to have the name of the rule set name displayed on the root of the tree and whenever you save it or switch to another you had the option of saving that ruleset. I know you do offer the option of saving before loading but again human memory of what I have already saved lets me down.

In a nutshell, by giving Default a special prominence in which rules are being used it makes me more likely to overwrite and loose a previous default ruleset that I have not saved under any other name.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46098

  • T3KN0Gh057
  • T3KN0Gh057's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 407
  • Thank you received: 114
  • Karma: 27
jkthemac wrote:
Thanks once again.
I have a more broad question as to your implementation of saving and loading rule sets.

While changing rules and making test rules I often run into issues with loosing them. The problem is remembering if you have previously saved the previous default ruleset before you get around to saving the current one. Maybe one way around this would be to automatically save a date and time stamped default rule set whenever the user selects 'save as default' so that you have an automatic history.

But, to me it seems counter intuitive to give such a special case to a default rule set rather than whichever rule set you happen to have loaded. It would make more sense to me to have the name of the rule set name displayed on the root of the tree and whenever you save it or switch to another you had the option of saving that ruleset. I know you do offer the option of saving before loading but again human memory of what I have already saved lets me down.

In a nutshell, by giving Default a special prominence in which rules are being used it makes me more likely to overwrite and loose a previous default ruleset that I have not saved under any other name.

The special case is to save the last default ruleset you had saved to prevent loss while upgrading the script (which has happened to me several times) not to compensate for human error. The capability exists to save copies of any profile with a name and the path and filename are always displayed in the status bar.

As for displaying filename on the tree, I MAY consider a variation on that idea, but seems a bit redundant when the info is already actively displayed.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 1 year 10 months ago #46104

  • T3KN0Gh057
  • T3KN0Gh057's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 407
  • Thank you received: 114
  • Karma: 27
2.03.10 r732 now available on first post. Includes the above fixes

My Raspberry Pis (and accessories) will be arriving on Wednesday in the mail so after that point I'll be slow to respond (probably once a week) until i finish setting up my home automation (which will heavily rely on python programming). Not that i needed to tell you guys the reason behind the impending slow down, I just wanted you to know how cool I am setting up my own SmartHome. :P
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.582 seconds

Who's Online

We have 186 guests and 2 members online