Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46116

2 bugs to report.

1. The rules do not allow for trailing spaces. For example, if I wanted to replace "The " at the beginning of a Series with "". Note that it seems to work with preceding spaces, as I was able to replace " The " with " the" in the middle of a Series.
2. Weird one. When using an Action of RegExVarReplace, it will not let you enter data (and I noticed the textbox is a bit offset as well). If you change it to, say SetValue and type what you want in there, the data will stay if you set it back to RegExVarReplace. Hope this makes sense.

I am beginning to pound away at it now so I will keep you posted as things pop up.

Thanks as always.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46117

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
cubbyblues84 wrote:
2 bugs to report.

1. The rules do not allow for trailing spaces. For example, if I wanted to replace "The " at the beginning of a Series with "". Note that it seems to work with preceding spaces, as I was able to replace " The " with " the" in the middle of a Series.
2. Weird one. When using an Action of RegExVarReplace, it will not let you enter data (and I noticed the textbox is a bit offset as well). If you change it to, say SetValue and type what you want in there, the data will stay if you set it back to RegExVarReplace. Hope this makes sense.

I am beginning to pound away at it now so I will keep you posted as things pop up.

Thanks as always.

1. I'll have to find out why. i no loonger have any strip commands except for when parsing old (prior to 2.03.1) ruleset collections, and that ends with removing the << and >> from beginning and end of rules. have you converted to the new ruleset collection format (xml) by resaving your collection with a 2.03.x revision (>= r715)?

2. Sounds like your windows setting have the font scaling greater than 100% and its cutting off part of the controls, for regexvarreplace there is a button to the right, next to the text box that opens a RegEx Editor. Try maximizing the config window.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46119

For the 1st one I started a brand new rule set (I believe). Is there anything I can do specifically to verify or "resave"? Ultimately, I would think it would need keep trailing spaces from values I put in the text box.

The 2nd one is user error. Did not even see that button! *blush* However the textbox *is* offset a bit too high (just cosmetic only), even at full screen. All other ones line up perfectly.

EDIT: I may be doing it wrong for #1, but I have tried everything I can think of, using both the normal and regex ways. Say I want to replace " Of " with " of ". I tried:

Rule
Series - RegEx - \s[O]f\s

Action
Series - RegexReplace - \s[O]f\s - \sof\s <-- This replaces with '\sof\s' in string which is probably what it should do
or
Series - RegexReplace - \s[O]f\s - ' of ' (no ticks) <-- This replaces with ' of' in string which is close but it won't let me add the trailing space.

Hope this is a better description. I am not a regex expert, and apologize if this is user error.

EDIT #2:

I tried *with* ticks and it bombed.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by cubbyblues84.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46120

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay.
So here's what happened. I have two build of the config editor (because of some stupidity when setting up git). on my last release, i uploaded the wrong config editor executable, the older one - before removing the strip()/Trim() calls.

Since I'm currently updating the config editor code as soon as i finish this build I'll upload a new release, which will fix your problem, although i'm sure my new modifications might cause a new round of problems.

EDIT: The template manager & search tab will be removed if not enough people speak up in their defense in the next month. I don't think they are useful anymore I havent used either in two years,

EDIT 2: In fact the Template Manager is already gone in the next version. I just realized somewhere along the line I broke it and since i never use it I never noticed. Luckily the template Manager and the search Function are modular and easily removed.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46121

• CFry
  • Fresh Boarder
I've used search a few times lately to find where I had duplicate rules

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46122

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Searching is a very useful feature. I use it quite often
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46123

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
docdoom wrote:
Searching is a very useful feature. I use it quite often

Well you'll be happy to know i tweaked it a bit in the version just released.You're right though it is helpful, its just i already know (thanks to good organization where to find all the items in the tree, i guess a good enough reason to leave it is because others use it.

P.S. New release is up on github, hit the first post to get it.

oh and Doc, just a heads up your signature still points to google code as where to get CR Data Manager
The following user(s) said Thank You: docdoom

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46127

The space issue is fixed *happy dance*, but it is no longer case sensitive like it used to be.

<rule field="Series" modifier="StartsWith" value="The " /> => <action field="Series" modifier="RemoveLeading" value="The " />

This will change both "The Abyss" and "the Abyss" to "Abyss". It should only change the former and not the latter.

EDIT:

Another issue... this rule does not work at all.

<rule field="Series" modifier="Contains" value=" Of " /> => <action field="Series" modifier="Replace" value=" Of || of " />

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46128

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
cubbyblues84 wrote:
The space issue is fixed *happy dance*, but it is no longer case sensitive like it used to be.

<rule field="Series" modifier="StartsWith" value="The " /> => <action field="Series" modifier="RemoveLeading" value="The " />

This will change both "The Abyss" and "the Abyss" to "Abyss". It should only change the former and not the latter.

EDIT:

Another issue... this rule does not work at all.

<rule field="Series" modifier="Contains" value=" Of " /> => <action field="Series" modifier="Replace" value=" Of || of " />

Everyone of these problems is due to the fact that data Manager has been case insensitive from its inception. I'm working on changing that, which is why the RegEx has become case insensitive (mirroring current functionality) while I am adding the ability to specify case sensitivity on a per-rule/action basis the default being case insensitive. but the process is slow, and meanwhile there are simple workarounds for those problems, until the case sensitivity issue is fixed.

is this really an issue? if you're removing the leading 'The' why wouldn't you remove the leading 'the', or was this just a for example?
[/quote]

The RegexReplace version of this will replace even if comparison is insensitive, replacement is still mandated if a match is found.

EDIT: Warning. RANT AHEAD! Not required reading

Sorry you guys have to suffer this, but i don't have a blog i don't do social media and my friends wouldn't know what i'm talking about at all. Hell maybe even you don't.

I do hate python.I'd love to switch all of my code over to pure python but python has some stupidities that i just can't tolerate.For example, i was changing some code to python in the script (regular expression functions) and noticed in the python regular expression built in functions there is no way to check to see if a match is successful, of course its easy for me to do so with two lines of code but the point is this is something that SHOULD be built in, and yes it only takes two lines of code so why does the 're' module not contain this by default? I'm not being lazy here (I've already coded the two lines i need to check for successful match, 12 times in my code - which is my point its not a matter of lazy, its a matter that it is the most practical thing to add into a module. the functionality that will be repeatedly used, eff you python managers.

Edit 2: Retraction
Someone just pointed out to me the match and search functions both return true or None which is easy to use in an if or while statement.

Data Manager 2.xx Series for ComicRack 2 years 1 month ago #46131

Yes for #1 just an example...

For #2, I'll slog through google to try and learn more about regular expressions!

Thanks, no rant from me!

EDIT:
Google FTW!
<rule field="Series" modifier="RegEx" value="^(?-i)The\s" /> => <action field="Series" modifier="RegexReplace" value="^(?-i)The\s||" />
<rule field="Series" modifier="RegEx" value="\s(?-i)Of\s" /> => <action field="Series" modifier="RegexReplace" value="\s(?-i)Of\s|| or " />

Both my examples are working now! What struck me is that apparently the letters are supposed to be case sensitive by default and you have to override it to make them case insensitive, but I wound up having to do the opposite.

So for now it's game on again.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Who's Online

We have 114 guests and no members online