Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper - Cannot Access Online Database

Comic Vine Scraper - Cannot Access Online Database 10 months 1 week ago #46805

• Skeksi
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I know that this has been addressed a bunch of times but in this case it appears as though Comic Vine has blocked data scrapers? I used an app called Fiddler to trace my connection so I could find out at what point it was being blocked and this is what their site is responding with:

Wordpress RSS Reader, Anonymous Bot or Scraper Blocked
Sorry we do not allow WordPress plugins to scrape our site. They tend to be used maliciously to steal our content. We do not allow scraping of any kind. You can load our RSS feeds using any other reader but you may not download our content. Click here more information on our feeds

Or you're running a bot that does not provide a unique user agent. Please provide a UNIQUE user agent that describes you. Do not use a default user agent like "PHP", "Java", "Ruby", "wget", "curl" etc. You MUST provide a UNIQUE user agent. ...and for God's sake don't impersonate another bot like Google Bot that will for sure get you permanently banned.

Or.... maybe you're running an LG Podcast player written by a 10 year old. Either way, Please stop doing that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Who's Online

We have 271 guests and 5 members online