Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT)

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47007

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 94
No, they are not saved inside the comics. So if you, for example, reimport them in the library.... Custom values and tags are lost in the process

Usual suspects are you export then without "replace in library", new library or delete comics and add them again

Also scraper has an option to disable custom fields, but that is on.by default

I LOST THEM ALL THE TIME U.U
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: romsnesrom

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47008

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
romsnesrom wrote:
Also, have the CC script some limitation? When I try to run it over ~66k issues it gives me a
"Execution of the script failed!
Exception has been thrown by the target of the invocation."

Sorry for not answering this. My electric line at home just exploded when I was posting and in the chaos I forgot and sent half the answer

I tested it with 100k comics, so I dont think it is the number of comics.

By the error message, I assume it is some comic with something I didnt have in account... If you know how to enable console mode, send me the complete error in that window, which should aim me at the kind of problem.

All the same I will reread the code again and try to find where the problem could be.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47011

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Seems like you were right again. An encoding issue arisen.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47014

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry for the late answer... I was quite busy with work things...

Ok, try this new version:

edited: wait, I found another error with coding, wait me a few hours and I will try to fix it!

And see if it fix the problem... I am quite guessing what the problem could be, as a coding problem is just too general XD

I added some warning messages to the script, to warn you when there are bad scrapped comics or comics with coding problems...

My guess here is that the problem is when the script write some number or series name to a txt files, that the "write to file" function of python find some character in unicode it cannot decode to the txt format... If that is the case, for now, that volume will be ignored, but the script will not crash...

Unicode characters written to a txt files is my arch enemy in cr script XD. I tried everything I could find, and it always find a way to crash my scripts...
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Xelloss.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47015

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, now you can download it XD

I think I fixed the coding problem... (at least some of them) and also fixed something in the main script about how it handled unscrapped comcis...

Here the last versions of them:

Checklist Creator ver 0.3:

File Attachment:

File Name: ChecklistC...crplugin
File Size:1 KB

Find Missing Comic Offline 2.4:

File Attachment:

File Name: FindMissin...crplugin
File Size:4 KB

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47017

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
You fixed it. Thanks.

P.S. You think your answer was late!? You came with a fix less than 24h after I got you the info you needed! I cannot get the coders at work to reply to an e-mail in this time frame. You are awesome!

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47018

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
It 's easier when you enjoy what you are doing XD

I said I was late because it took less than an hour to fix it, I just didnt have the time to do it u.u

Could you fix your the problem with unrecognised cómics?

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47019

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
Yes, it worked almost flawlessly! There are some small issues, but I am not sure they are caused by the script or my DB (I plan on checking this more thoroughly on the weekend).

CC matched 1797659 and reported 20 unrecognized (+20+14+265) = 180058 of 180058
FMIO matched 179793 as specified below

Selected Comics: 180058
Missing comics: 60553 (in 3983 Series)
Matched comics: 179793
Comics not in Database: 14 : -name-111553-111569-name-name-111580-111579-name-111574-name-111573-name-111555-name-111557-111560-name-name-436099-473851-371727-name-111575-name-111564
Unscrapped Comics: 20
Repeated Comics: 265
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by romsnesrom. Reason: spreadsheet error

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47020

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Ups, I uploaded my developer version instead of the public version XD

That is why all that nonesense in the comic not in database line (it is something I use for debugging, it was not supposed to be seen by users)

All the same in this case it help me to find where the problem could be. I will try to analyse it when I have free time, ir could be some data "hole" in my database file.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Not so BETA anymore!) 7 months 3 weeks ago #47022

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
No need. It seems to be a spreadsheet error on my part.
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds

Who's Online

We have 195 guests and one member online